Sling patience and new addition (was bound to happen)

squidstuff

Arachnopeon
My little brachypelma albopilosum sling is my first T, and really my first venture into the land of invertebrates, so I don't have a base of knowledge to work from. I have purchased the Tarantula Keepers Guide, and browsed the threads here so I know that Alan constantly hiding in his burrow and refusing food isn't a reason to panic quite yet, but I feel like a paranoid mother peeking in at him everyday wondering if he's happy. "Are you depressed? Are you hungry? Do you want a different cricket?"
I'm looking at it as a learning experience, and as pretty much everyone has warned, when I stopped to buy some crickets the other day, I also came home with a new spider, a g.rosea who I'm calling Barbara, because I like giving T's common white-person names.

I have not handled either of them yet because I am terrified of accidentally hurting them or them falling.

Enough rambling, here are photos.

1794669_716952285026708_6980346004923234694_n.jpg

photo.JPG

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B.albopilosum is my number 1 recommended species for beginners. Good choice there.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
B.albopilosum is my number 1 recommended species for beginners. Good choice there.
+1, agreed. The B. albopilosum is a great beginners species, very tolerant of a newbie's mistakes.

Welcome to the hobby/obsession, squidstuff. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have not handled either of them yet because I am terrified of accidentally hurting them or them falling.
Good choice, keep it that way! Also, welcome to the forum and hobby! Enjoy your first of many *evilgrin* - because there will be more...promise!