P. Metallica melting my eyeballs with color after each molt.

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My seemingly male Poec just had 4th molt in my care and WOW is it bright! I had read a lot of places online that it is a subtle kind of color overall, and other species are brighter.

NOPE

Absolutely stunning blues, bright yellows, iridescent blue green pads. Just mind blowing. Can't wait until he grows to 5-6"!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414003908.477104.jpg

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
He's beautiful !!!! I have a stunning male as well and he's a whopping 7 inches !! I thought he was a she due to size and that he didn't mature until 4 1/2 years later . At first I was quite bummed it was a he but he's so spectacular it doesn't matter .
Your boy is stunning thanks for sharing.

awiec

Arachnoprince
He's beautiful !!!! I have a stunning male as well and he's a whopping 7 inches !! I thought he was a she due to size and that he didn't mature until 4 1/2 years later . At first I was quite bummed it was a he but he's so spectacular it doesn't matter .
Your boy is stunning thanks for sharing.
Mine (whom I think is a boy) is growing so slow that I think I will have him for a while too. Granted he will molt soon so we'll see how much he'll gain; in comparison my male P.vitatta and female P.regalis have long since surpassed him. He also is a very cranky spider so he will be very interesting to see when he gets bigger. Correct me if I'm wrong but males gain some purple color when they mature? If so that's another thing to look forward to.

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Well, there go my eyes. At least I'll have that image to think about in my current blindness... but maybe a top-down shot would have been more colorful? **hint hint**

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He hasn't exited his newly built den since the molt 9 days ago.

As soon as he is out and about I'll get a top down shot.

Here is a vid after last molt:

http://youtu.be/4rl0HIbhes8

He is about 50% brighter now, with much more yellow.

Amimia

Arachnosquire
I have a P. metallica sling currently, can't wait till he's as stunning as yours :)

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Mine (whom I think is a boy) is growing so slow that I think I will have him for a while too. Granted he will molt soon so we'll see how much he'll gain; in comparison my male P.vitatta and female P.regalis have long since surpassed him. He also is a very cranky spider so he will be very interesting to see when he gets bigger. Correct me if I'm wrong but males gain some purple color when they mature? If so that's another thing to look forward to.
Yes mine has a bit of a purple hue

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Look who is making the rounds!

First day out in 10 days. Stunning. Seems hungry, lucky for him it's feeding day!

A little over 4" now DLS.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414158333.457700.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414158349.057899.jpg