The TARANTULA BIBLIOGRAPHY :: NOVEMBER Release :: Bumba & Psalmopoeus victori

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer

My Tarantula Bibliography has been updated. At present the family Theraphosidae is comprised of 961 species in 127 genera.

Major changes include: New species Psalmopoeus victori and new genus Bumba and species Bumba lennoni.

New additions are Psalmopoeus victori from Veracruz, Mexico and the genus change from Maraca to Bumba. Maraca was created 8 years ago because Iracema was preoccupied, and now Maraca has been changed because it was preoccupied by a genus of Orthoptera (grasshoppers and crickets). So, Maraca becomes Bumba and those of you who have just gotten used to the transfer that made your Euathlus pulcherimmaklaasi become Maraca pulcherimmaklaasi can once again relabel as Bumba pulcherimmaklaasi. These taxonomical studies sponsored by Dymo label makers.

LINKS
  • To visit The Tarantula Bibliography click here.
  • To download the PDF species list click here.
  • To subscribe to my email updates click here

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
"Bumba"? Seriously? I kinda have to hold onto my table to prevent myself from falling off the chair because I'm laughing so hard :D

Also, I believe that change was brought because of this: CLICK

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
"Bumba"? Seriously? I kinda have to hold onto my table to prevent myself from falling off the chair because I'm laughing so hard :D

Also, I believe that change was brought because of this: CLICK
The name alone just makes me want to collect them all.

Akai

Arachnobaron
so now I have Bumba Cabocla in my collection? lol I like Maraca better. Oh well, time to break out the dymo. :sarcasm:

DVMT

Arachnosquire
so now I have Bumba Cabocla in my collection? lol I like Maraca better. Oh well, time to break out the dymo. :sarcasm:
Keep changing names to sell more labels...lol. I guess 2" of my label maker tape will be expended to relabel my Maraca cabocla. If they find one of these genus in Louisiana can they please name it Bumba gumbo? Just sounds good imo.