What creative things do you do with your molts

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like to make jewelry with tarantula molts, does anyone else use their molts in a more unusual way then most?
Love to hear about your unorthodox methods .
:)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
nothing.. tho i see people sell them on etcy for sale from slings to adults. but i myself keep most of my snake sheds, and molts in my care for records. i like to look back and see on my little poster board snake#1 molted xx/xx/xxxx and again on xx/xx/xxxx and see the sheds pinned togeather on the board. tho some that have been destroyed from not paying attention to sheds and molts i do toss. sadly XD

some girl from my work wants one of my molts for a shadowbox, another wants to fill the exo with some type of filler rubber[maybe wax or something] to preserv and stengthen for examining and teaching so those are odd imo XD

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I used to save molts til I ran out of time/ space to store so many molts. Lately I had to throw most away due to lack of space for storing.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I save every one of them, each species get their own deli-cup or container if they are big enough.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I save every one of them, each species get their own deli-cup or container if they are big enough.
this is what i do each sp[usually each T] has a cup/bowl :) tho im sure once my slings get to 5-9" im going to just be piling it sky high to keep track

tweakz

Arachnosquire
used to keep em, now I sex em(if possible), then toss em.

cold blood

Staff member
I tried to make a T. blondi thong. It was not a good idea...
Sounds like a recipe for ISS......itchy scrotum syndrome :eek:

I grind them all up really fine and sell them to joke shops as itching powder....well I should anyway;), they are laying all over the dang t room...used to be organized, but not any longer.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
All of this reminds me MrsHaas, I have another sling molt, that makes 2 ready to go. Another one about to molt in the next day or two and I do have half of a 2 inch molt from my LD. It ate the abdomen part I think, I can't find it. Do you want the mangled one too?

Last edited:

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I don't do anything spectacular with mine, just pose them out and take them with me when I volunteer at a reptile expo, so people can get a good look at what they look like, without it being an actual moving source of terror for them. :)

DVMT

Arachnosquire
I put mine in the fresh fruits and veggies at the market. Then....I sit by the magazine rack and wait >:)

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I load 'em all up in to what one of my friends has dubbed "the box of nightmares." It got its name from when he (a very large arachnophobe) came over one day and saw an innocent looking box sitting on my table. After inquiring about the box and it's contents, he received a response that consisted of "You won't like it. Dude. For the love of all things holy don't open it." He, like a three year old, now HAD to open it. So he picks it up and lifts the top, only to let out the most blood curdling scream I have ever heard. I turn in time to see him wing it against the wall and fall backwards in terror. After twenty minutes of him hyperventilating and tearing up, he calms down enough to dub it "the box of nightmares." The name has stuck, and now when people inquire about this little wooden box I tell them it's full of nightmares.

the thing looks like a box full of giant spiders, if I didn't make that clear enough...

so far it has like 50 assorted molts in it...