Centuroides hentzi?

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Hello everybody

Well I know a few of you know about my not so good success rate with scorpions and a few of you remember me trying to choose between B.gigas and G.grandidirei but the breeders just got a new import and the list includes a lot of vaejovis sp and a few other odds and ends but the ones that caught my eye were C.hentzi they have listed as 3/4 wild caught specimens from the US. Just wondering if these guys are relatively durable at that size? I was planning on doing a pill vial set up with cross ventilation and a cork bark slab with Eco earth sub, does that sound good? I really like centuroides sp and Hentzi is really appealing to me!

Thanks in advance
James

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Hello everybody

Well I know a few of you know about my not so good success rate with scorpions and a few of you remember me trying to choose between B.gigas and G.grandidirei but the breeders just got a new import and the list includes a lot of vaejovis sp and a few other odds and ends but the ones that caught my eye were C.hentzi they have listed as 3/4 wild caught specimens from the US. Just wondering if these guys are relatively durable at that size? I was planning on doing a pill vial set up with cross ventilation and a cork bark slab with Eco earth sub, does that sound good? I really like centuroides sp and Hentzi is really appealing to me!

Thanks in advance
James
I would personally choose the paravaejovis (vaejovis is no longer valid at the moment) species over the centruroides, but that's just because I like vaejovidae lol.

You may have problems with the hentzi during shipping, they dont tolerate freezing temps, unlike paravaejovis, which do. Your setup sounds just fine.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Im looking for a breeding project to try and bring more scorps to canada I thought C.hentzi would be a better choice? check out the tarcan list what vaej would you reccomend?

Im starting to dig P?.hoffmani