A. arboreus gundlachi size?

watertiger21

Arachnopeon
I'm trying to visualize the size of this awesome species (common name seems to be Puerto Rican white milli) that's newly available in the U.S. but for some silly reason I'm having trouble. At first I thought they were a medium-sized millipede but now I'm under the impression they're more like bumblebee milli 's.

Can anyone help me out? :)

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't know these were still available in the US hobby! Where have you seen them for sale?

I don't remember their size, but I seem to recall reading they're very difficult to keep in captivity.

CrawlinChaos

Arachnosquire
I got 4 of these guys from Swift's Invertebrates and I will also attest to the fact that their a very awesome species. All of mine are at least 3 inches and one is probably 4, so I think calling them a medium-size millipede s pretty fair. In regards to keeping them in captivity, I've had mine for at least 3 or 4 months now and they seem to be doing just fine, so I'm not sure about how difficult they really are.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got 4 of these guys from Swift's Invertebrates and I will also attest to the fact that their a very awesome species. All of mine are at least 3 inches and one is probably 4, so I think calling them a medium-size millipede s pretty fair. In regards to keeping them in captivity, I've had mine for at least 3 or 4 months now and they seem to be doing just fine, so I'm not sure about how difficult they really are.
Yes, I saw that Swifts was selling them. I believe they max out at about 4 inches. I have heard they do not reproduce so well in captivity but do not quote me on that. :)

Got any pics? :)

Last edited:

CrawlinChaos

Arachnosquire
One of the Swifts told me via email that these guys are "fairly easy" and will "lay eggs sporadically". I'll see if I can snap some photos of them this weekend and put them up here.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of the Swifts told me via email that these guys are "fairly easy" and will "lay eggs sporadically". I'll see if I can snap some photos of them this weekend and put them up here.
Thanks! I look forward to the pictures. It would be great if you could get some offspring.

watertiger21

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone!

Hopefully people will be successful with offspring; it'd be great to have them be more widely available!