Scolopendra sp cameroon (flag t.) big Q

SpdrMax

Arachnopeon
Hi all! Tomorrow I will buy 3 Scolopendra sp cameroon, flag tailed (I think it is the same as Alipes multicostis).
But trader told that some of Sc. lost 1 of two flags. Size of Sc. now is 10 sm.
The general Q is: do they regrow their flags?
Are they too old? That is the best time to breed they (how long should I wait before breeding)? :happy:

SpdrMax

Arachnopeon
Thanks! And what do you think about breeding? I'm planned to wait 1-2 molts, after that, I will try. Is it normal approach?

SpdrMax

Arachnopeon
And why they are lost the flags? Is it due to humidity problem or wrong temp? It is very important for me because i don't want to lose my pets.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is 10cm. Adult size? If so, they might be told old to wait 2 molts.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
I really don't know to much about them other than I want one. If there wild caught it could have happened during collection (some people aren't very gentle), could have been lost in shipping, lost to a bad molt (which would indicate to little humidity) or after a successful molt a prey item (roach, grub, cricket ect) could have eating it or bit it off while the pede was still all squishy! Theres a lot of possibilities!

I'd say keep the like most pedes with extra humidity (NOT SWAMPY OR SOAKING just moist). Chances are they are in alipes family because I know there are two forms. A.grandidieri and A. sp Tanzania or Cameroon (which could very well be A.multicostis. I think adult size is 4-6 inches (10.16-15.24 cm) I would wait till they are well established before breeding (Burrowing feeding ect) which should not take two months. are you sure you'll have opposite genders? might be worth you time to knock them out (DIY Co2 chamber, baseball bats don't work as well as one might think :p) once they are sedated you apply slight pressure to vent area with a gentle stroke towards the end of the pede to expose the sexual organs which I'm pretty sure are different for most species... It's not as simple as its made out to be from what I hear.

SpdrMax

Arachnopeon
Hi guys!
Many thanks for your answers. And this is a some photos of how i keep my "Alipes sp." One of them is about 6-6.5 cm, other two are 7-9 cm. Maybe they should to molt once to become adults, i hope.Could you please give me more information about Co2 chamber, maybe some links (because i'm not sure in opposite genders of my pedes) ?