A news species name? Imagine that!

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
im getting one now!!:) if I can find one that is...

---------- Post added 10-24-2014 at 08:47 AM ----------

nevermind:/ google brings up nothing but articles written about the tarantula
If you read the article, it was just recently found/identified/named by Perez-Miles...they don't just *pop* into the hobby right away, ready for consumption the minute they're discovered so no, you're not going to find them for sale or anything on them. Add to that the fact that they seem to have only a mature male type specimen (and a dead one at that) to go off of and that it hails from Brazil and you've got some pretty slim odds of ever getting one.

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
If you read the article, it was just recently found/identified/named by Perez-Miles...they don't just *pop* into the hobby right away, ready for consumption the minute they're discovered so no, you're not going to find them for sale or anything on them. Add to that the fact that they seem to have only a mature male type specimen (and a dead one at that) to go off of and that it hails from Brazil and you've got some pretty slim odds of ever getting one.
Anybody up for a trip to Brazil then?

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can I come! I would love to see South America, oh and you guys can pay the gas, it doesn't bother me!

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Anybody up for a trip to Brazil then?
lol message me when you guys want to go! ill go half on gas. and will have the proper license to bring it back to America!

---------- Post added 10-25-2014 at 09:13 AM ----------

read the article again.... it was just published in October 2014. but the caption under the photo in the article says it was first spotted in 2005. from now til then they should have atleast found a few live specimens, if they havnt, then they clearly arnt trying hard at all.