My Boy's Legacy & Extended Family..

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Belated sad news guys.. My one and only leopard gecko, Denver, passed away when i was at the last leg of my Asian tour :(

My dad and sister was 'looking out' for him while I was away and unfortunately they both sucked at it -__-

Here is his last photo I took before i left the next day:

Rest in peace, Denver your antics will be missed.

Fortunately for me before I left, I did a breeding project with a close friend who has two adult females and it yielded 4 new leopard gecko hatchlings. After he sold 2 of his share, that friend of mine left for Canada a week after I got back. Good news was, he left his two adult breeder females to me upon hearing my loss and as well as got the other two juvies who is Denver's sons.

So without further ado, here is his first and legal wife, Dora - a plump and voluptuous lady in terms of body built

And his mistress, Dida - an almost 11" long lady

Here are the kids, Dude - a skittish and grumpy little boy. A bit skinny as shown when i first got him but he's quite a hearty eater now.

and Denver Jr. - who is a striking resemblance of his dad :D

*Photos were taken at the last day of September*

Who would've thought that a single loss could become quite fruitful :)

Enjoy your weekend guys! ^__^

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Fortunately for me before I left, I did a breeding project with a close friend ...
Can we cue the facepalm now or wait a spell? Somebody go shoot that dangling participle.
Sorry about your loss.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm so sorry for your loss. But excited for your gain! Leos are the sweetest things, aren't they? And your babies are adorable!

May I ask how Denver was "cared" for that he passed away? Short of not providing water or food for a long time, there isn't much else one can do to them, is there?

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
I'm so sorry for your loss. But excited for your gain! Leos are the sweetest things, aren't they? And your babies are adorable!

May I ask how Denver was "cared" for that he passed away? Short of not providing water or food for a long time, there isn't much else one can do to them, is there?
Thanks! Indeed they are.

He was well provided for. My sister would send me photos of him every 3 weeks and he was doing great. But on the 3rd month of my 4-month vacation, my sister said he was acting all lethargic. It was probably the heat of my country since it was the peak of summer then

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! Indeed they are.

He was well provided for. My sister would send me photos of him every 3 weeks and he was doing great. But on the 3rd month of my 4-month vacation, my sister said he was acting all lethargic. It was probably the heat of my country since it was the peak of summer then
Oh darn it. :( How hot does it get?? The summers where I am average 100 degrees F for at least 2 months. This year was exceptionally bad with MANY days (weeks at a time) at 115 with the heat index. It's unpleasant, to say the least. My leos are on a table in front of a big picture window that faces west, so they took a lot of sun/heat. They just spent the time in their rock hides and came out at night, but were fine. In fact, they seem more lethargic now, with the temps cooling off.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very sorry for you loss, Denver looks like a beautiful gecko. Your new babies are absolutely gorgeous. Especially that big girl named Dida! I would kill or a gecko that size!

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Oh darn it. :( How hot does it get?? The summers where I am average 100 degrees F for at least 2 months. This year was exceptionally bad with MANY days (weeks at a time) at 115 with the heat index. It's unpleasant, to say the least. My leos are on a table in front of a big picture window that faces west, so they took a lot of sun/heat. They just spent the time in their rock hides and came out at night, but were fine. In fact, they seem more lethargic now, with the temps cooling off.
Normally 107F (42C) with humidity levels hitting 85% giving a realfeel temp of about 120 to say the least. His enclosure was away from any windows as it was tucked under the staircase from what I've seen in the photos.

---------- Post added 10-25-2014 at 02:32 AM ----------

Very sorry for you loss, Denver looks like a beautiful gecko. Your new babies are absolutely gorgeous. Especially that big girl named Dida! I would kill or a gecko that size!
True! Some people say she probably has giant genes since she is too long for an average female