Phlogius black post molt

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Really, can you see my words? If anyone else can't see it please tell me.

Last edited:

Draven

Arachnopeon
They get lighter in color the closer they get to a molt am I right? My crassipes molted a week ago and is now that dark brown like on you're other pics, he is about 5cm now.
Awesome pics!!!

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
They get lighter in color the closer they get to a molt am I right? My crassipes molted a week ago and is now that dark brown like on you're other pics, he is about 5cm now.
Awesome pics!!!
It's hit and miss, species like P.Nunns and Red satin go Orange like a OBT the closer they get to molting, but yes, P.Black, P. Strenuus (one of the forms I had went black>chocolate brown>silver>brown), P.Goliath (hobby form) and P. crass (every P. crass "eunice" I have seen stays chocolate brown) In the wild most of them seem to go a dirty brown but in the hobby they normally end up silver ( due to much better treatment than the rough Australian outback) Most of our arids go a nice sandy- cream colour.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
What's the full size on that? Is this one of the 'blacks' we have in the US? Pressley or Stents?

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
What's the full size on that? Is this one of the 'blacks' we have in the US? Pressley or Stents?
Hey Poec, she was about 5.2 inches last molt but she has defs gained a bit and looks a lot thicker, I will measure her again for you guys once she hardens up. These are known in your hobby as Pressley, we haven't called it that since like 2009 haha, Stents are a very thick species and the trained eye can spot an adult out very easily.It's a shame these species are damn hard to come by over here, really rare these days.
Size.jpg

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Hey Poec, she was about 5.2 inches last molt but she has defs gained a bit and looks a lot thicker, I will measure her again for you guys once she hardens up. These are known in your hobby as Pressley, we haven't called it that since like 2009 haha, Stents are a very thick species and the trained eye can spot an adult out very easily.It's a shame these species are damn hard to come by over here, really rare these days.
There's a dealer here that's had Pressley, haven't seen anyone else with it. Not common here either. Not that any of them are, but I see Stents more often that the others.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
There's a dealer here that's had Pressley, haven't seen anyone else with it. Not common here either. Not that any of them are, but I see Stents more often that the others.
Buy it if you can, you probably wont see another for 5 years, the bigger they get the better the colour as well.

Akai

Arachnobaron
What's the growth rate on these? There's like 4-5 species I see over here and I want to get one before I shut it down for the winter. Thinkingabout Crassipes.

A member sent me this YT link. I had no idea they were this fast. That's impressive for a big spider. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocy8m2EeNGE

Why are Stents rare over there??