P.metallia foot missing padding O.o

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is my mums P.metallica that moulted just last week, he just hit over 3" and is doing well.

However I noticed just today that the padding on one of his feet is missing! :o_O: I've never seen this before, it doesnt seem to affect how he walks, you can see his foot is still there it just looks almost skeletal in appearance, the fur padding around it is missing, very peculiar. He can walk around fine so I'm not concerned, I just find it quite interesting seeing the foot without the pad

Anyone ever seen anything like this? If so was it also just after moulting and did it affect your T?

IMG_2790.JPG IMG_2789.JPG IMG_2788.JPG

awiec

Arachnoprince
I've never seen it but it's possible that there was some issues that led to it not being fully developed. As you said he walks normally as he does have 7 good legs and probably still has his tarsal claws on that one leg. I'm sure he will be able to regenerate it with his next molt. Very interesting though.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never seen it but it's possible that there was some issues that led to it not being fully developed. As you said he walks normally as he does have 7 good legs and probably still has his tarsal claws on that one leg. I'm sure he will be able to regenerate it with his next molt. Very interesting though.
Yes I'm sure it will regenerate, normally with a bad moult the spider loses a leg but this is quite peculiar so I thought I'd show everyone =)

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never seen that! At least it's not fangs!
It's fascinating isn't it, he doesn't seem to favour the leg at all though. Where've you been btw man? Been a while since I've seen you around the boards haha

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's fascinating isn't it, he doesn't seem to favour the leg at all though. Where've you been btw man? Been a while since I've seen you around the boards haha
I've been thinking the same of you! I've been working a lot that's all. Are you still using that cage company for the acrylics?

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been thinking the same of you! I've been working a lot that's all. Are you still using that cage company for the acrylics?
I had a dry spell too yes haha I am still using geometry yes, I think I'll be adding some new designs to my enclosure thread some time soon so if I do I'll send you a link =)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had a dry spell too yes haha I am still using geometry yes, I think I'll be adding some new designs to my enclosure thread some time soon so if I do I'll send you a link =)
Definitely send me that link Zuke when done. I haven't tried that comp yet, but I'm going to order 2 and see how it works out.