Emerald skeleton

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey guys, I have had this emerald skeleton for at least six months, he's kinda a pet hole, but I haven't heard anything ab these Ts on is forum and was wondering if anyone had info ab the growth rate, habits, etc... Thx

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
I'm assuming that's the Ephebopus Uatuman? I have a Cyanognathus and a Murinus of the same genus, but not a Uatuman.

My Cyanognathus (Blue Fang) is definitely a pet hole, only comes out in the middle of the night. My Murinus (Skeleton T) will come out during the day, and is not as easily spooked back into its burrow. It regularly takes down large prey (relative to its size anyway). Both of them have grown very fast. I've had them for maybe 6 or 7 months, and they've more than doubled in size from 1" or so to about 2-2.5". One big observation I made when I got them is that they adapted extremely quickly to a new environment. Burrowing in the first few hours and complete construction was complete in just a few days. Their burrows are also very simplistic, and not elaborate like a P. Muticus or H. Gigas.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks! Mine has made a funnel, pretty cool! And I'm lucky enough that he decided to make his burrow right up against the glass siding so I can see him! ... A little bit. :) He looks to be getting fat and maybe going into premolt but it's really hard tell. He isn't eating much tho, so I assume it's coming. He's about 1.5" I'd say, he's only molted once since I got him ab six months ago, so I'm not sure. Guess he's a slower grower? Thx for the awesome advice!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Since it's an Ephebopus spp.....CLICKY

On the same note, why did you get a T you didn't look up anything about before?

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Someone gave it to me as a gift. I normally do all the research before I make conscious purchases.