Pics of how you heat your slings and adults?

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I could not locate any pics of sling rearing containers, and I figured it would give some activity as this section of the forums has been pretty slow. How are you guys heating your slings to raise them up as fast as possible? And what about your adults that require that extra heat? I'm looking for pics of people who have multiple species.

I have been experimenting with a sterlite tub with a heat pad on the side to put sling sized delis in to heat them all, but I'm having trouble getting the whole thing to get warm without cooking them. Finding a medium seems to be the difficulty.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Regarding smaller animals, I keep them in a room that sits at 80-82 degrees constantly. For adult animals requiring more heat, I utilize Ultratherm heat pads. I know several breeders that will use lights for additional heating while the female is gravid.

Cheers,

Rob

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have an O. innessi pair in a 2.5 gallon glass enclosure with a heat lamp on one end. I've arranged my other scorpions (R. junceus, R. garridoi, C. vitattus) around the 2.5 gallon so that they all get a little heat coming off the lamp and the 2.5. These are all kept in my closet so that the ambient temp is higher than in my room.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Has anyone tried a radiant heat panel like this?
http://www.lllreptile.com/products/4218-large-helix-radiant-heat-pane

Im thinking about putting this on a baker's rack shelf and have a thermostat set to 85. I keep all of my adults(Androctonu, Parabuthus, emperors, centruroides) in Exo Terra large flat den homes, so they would have air temps of 85, but with 3-4 inches of bedding and multiple hides, they would be able to be at temps from room temperature to 85. For babies I'm thinking I would put their containers in a larger sterlite tub under or next to the panel as well, depending on how much the heat affects the inside temps. Any thoughts?

DrakeLineous

Arachnopeon
I don't know about that particular brand but I've had success using reptile basic's RHP http://www.reptilebasics.com/rbi-radiant-heat-panels. Granted, it was the 3ft one and I used it for a reticulated python but regardless it works perfectly and when used with a thermostat it should provide optimal heating. I'm not sure how effective RHPs would be in really humid conditions though

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I keep all of mine in a dresser like unit with shelves.

Each shelf is heated with heat cables , keeping temps on each shelf different, for different species or groups of species.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I don't use anything other than my house heaters that keep the temps at 72-75F and that's fine for both adults/slings (that's for most of the year), although in winter i do have a ceramic/fan heater for cold winters, keeping them at 75-79F but only a few times a day for 6-8 minutes each time, at night i give no heat that's every night of the year.

T's can last harsher conditions than us.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Has anyone tried a radiant heat panel like this?
http://www.lllreptile.com/products/4218-large-helix-radiant-heat-pane

Im thinking about putting this on a baker's rack shelf and have a thermostat set to 85. I keep all of my adults(Androctonu, Parabuthus, emperors, centruroides) in Exo Terra large flat den homes, so they would have air temps of 85, but with 3-4 inches of bedding and multiple hides, they would be able to be at temps from room temperature to 85. For babies I'm thinking I would put their containers in a larger sterlite tub under or next to the panel as well, depending on how much the heat affects the inside temps. Any thoughts?
I used them to heat reptiles, found them to be not so great in quality. I found several "hot areas" even when hooked to a helix, I finally switched to the Pro Products heat panel and didn't look back. I never tried either for scorpions.