Favorite or Best Display blue T

tarantulaperson

Arachnopeon
Looking to get a new T in my favorite color...Blue. I always loved the color of the H. lividum but i wanted to check with other people and hear their opinions of the best blue tarantula. Some of the other i have thought about are the GBB, Lampropelma violaceopes, Chilobrachys sp Vietnam blue, Monocentropus balfouri, and the P. Metallica. Some clarifications i would like a cheaper T for now but plan on getting more expensive ones later. Also if they are sexually dimorphic i want the female blue not the male. I also want the Adult colors to be blue not the juvenile colors, the avic avic isn't a great candidate because of this(although i love the juvenile colors). Thanks for all your help.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
For a blue tarantula I held out until I found a deal for a p. Metalica or a singapore blue spiderlings. The singapore is more risky bc the males turn an olive green upon maturity but I think they are worth the wait if you find them for a good price

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
If you don't have experience with adult OW's, a Chromatopelma is your best bet.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
GBB , very hardy spider way cheaper than P metallica. I prefer it over P metallica.:biggrin:

Amimia

Arachnosquire
I have an A. seemanni blue color form, might not be blue enough for you but mines a great display spider :)
I have a GBB and P. metallica sling, neither of them are showing their blue colors yet but they're great spiders. Always on the open and vicious eaters

320TONY

Arachnopeon
GBB easy to care for, good eater, lots of webs, good display T and very BLUE!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Gbb is a great choice. Others include the "hobby" Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi (yes, I'm aware of the "bumba" subject, but after Chad's comments I decided to keep mine labeled as it is), P. sazimai comes to mind as well. Pamphobetheus ultramarinus too, though I believe it's the males that show most colors.

cold blood

Staff member
Gbb is a great choice. Others include the "hobby" Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi (yes, I'm aware of the "bumba" subject, but after Chad's comments I decided to keep mine labeled as it is), P. sazimai comes to mind as well. Pamphobetheus ultramarinus too, though I believe it's the males that show most colors.
You forgot T. cyaneolum.;)

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I myself don't like GBBs but they are great for display. P. metallica and the singapore blue are awesome but your P. metallica may not be very friendly to being out. Choose wisely.

tarantulaperson

Arachnopeon
Ok so how is the blue on the female signapore blue compared to the blue of P. metallica or Female H. Lividum? i looked on google images and was a little shaky on how blue they actually are? I am looking for the kinda sapphire blue you see in the P. metallica and the H. Lividum(female). I am will ingot risk and get an unsexed Juvie or even sling, someone suggested i look for a good deal on the Signapore blue and I was wondering what a good deal would be? For a Juvie around 3 inch and slings.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
someone suggested i look for a good deal on the Signapore blue and I was wondering what a good deal would be? For a Juvie around 3 inch and slings.
Violaceopes aren't as brilliant a blue, unless they're in the right light. They're more secretive and nocturnal. They're a little more wired than Poecs.

I think you need to focus on species in your experience range. A GBB is a much better for you than an OW.

tarantulaperson

Arachnopeon
This is my second time in the "hobby" Im not new. I have experience with poecs. I had a cobalt blue before. So i have some experience with species that are fast, skittish, burrowing, etc.. I would like to expand the amount i have this time and try new ones. Someone thought i should stay away from H. Lividum because it does burrow and it not see it as much. I wanted to ask fellow members their experiences and opinions of other blue tarantulas. This was the easiest way to figure what i might want to buy next. That being said i value your opinion, and your statement on the blue of the Violaceopes. Thank you for your time and opinion. If anyone has pictures of the Violaceopes they would be greatly appreciated.

The reason why i asked how much a good deal would be is because i haven't shopped for that species before i think i know but i want to make sure I know a good Deal.

Last edited:

Feriat

Arachnopeon
Psednocnemis brachyramosa is a real pretty one. I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet, but I think I might next time a convention rolls around.

tarantulaperson

Arachnopeon
Psednocnemis brachyramosa Does look quite pretty i'll keep my eye out for it as well thanks for the suggestion

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
L violaceopes. If you have the OW experience, you can't beat the color, size or3 speed.

---------- Post added 10-29-2014 at 11:42 PM ----------

Violaceopes aren't as brilliant a blue, unless they're in the right light. They're more secretive and nocturnal. They're a little more wired than Poecs.
first few weeks after a fresh molt, they are brilliant blue. Some are almost purple.