Expensive tarantula with a decent price found...

azroc909

Arachnosquire
Whats's the cheapest price you have paid and found a usually expensive tranatula for?
Couple years back i found and bought an adult female B. Smithi for $40... talk about deal of the year!! Lol.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think I payed...3 EUR per sling for my 4 Euathlus sp. "red"... :D They're hard to find as slings and usually pretty pricey as adults since not many are interested in them. Although I recon that is changing.

Hm, what else?

45 EUR for my 6" G. pulchripes girl...
~40 EUR for at the time 2.5-3" B. auratum

Frankly the list goes on and, as it has been said often, isn't comparable to US prices. So I'll stop...:D

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Couple years back i found and bought an adult female B. Smithi for $40... talk about deal of the year!! Lol.

Go back far enough and local per stores were all selling adult female B smithi for $10.

cold blood

Staff member
Go back far enough and local per stores were all selling adult female B smithi for $10.
Another good use for my time machine...just gotta figure out this flux capacitor thing first, I don't know how the Doc did it. :coffee:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Another good use for my time machine.
Smithi were everywhere in the 1970's, and cheap, all w/c. There were a few others that pet stores would have less often: B albopilosum, P cancerides, and a battleship grey form of A seemanni from Guatemala. The only arboreal was Avic avic, and that was hard to find.

I had a collection for almost 10 years back then and due to my connections with a reptile importer in Detroit, I managed to get about 15 species. That was no small feat to have a collection that big.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This year I picked up an oligoxystre diamantinensis sling for £28($45) and just recently I picked up a Brachypelma schroederi sling for less than $20 these are pretty rare in the UK. Almost forgot I also picked up a Thrixopelma lagunas sling for around $16 at the same time as the od sling

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Whats's the cheapest price you have paid and found a usually expensive tranatula for?
about 3 years ago i picked up a 4 inch female p.regalis for 35 dollars at my lps. It was labeled as an ornamental baboon.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The best deal I ever got was when I traded 100 Blaberus giganteus nymphs (Giant Cave Roach) for a mature female Brachypelma boehmei (Mexican Fire Leg Tarantula) and a mature female Poecilotheria regalis (Indian Ornamental Tarantula). :eek:

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
The best deal I ever got was when I traded 100 Blaberus giganteus nymphs (Giant Cave Roach) for a mature female Brachypelma boehmei (Mexican Fire Leg Tarantula) and a mature female Poecilotheria regalis (Indian Ornamental Tarantula). :eek:
dude that is an amazing deal right there. im jealous! lol

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I paid around $60 for each of my M.balfouri slings when they were still in the $85 and up range. Of course...that balanced out to not such a good deal when one turned out to be not an M.balfouri at all, but...ce la vie.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I picked up a female 3 inch B. smithi a few months ago for $100......when the online dealers were asking that much for 3/4", unsexed. :D

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got three 4" juvenile B. Smithi for only $20ea. turns out one was a female too!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I got a 5.5" female Brachypelma boehmei for $80 cannot remember what shipping cost , or if it was included in that price.

cold blood

Staff member
Best I got were 1.25" B. smithi for $19.99 and a 3.5" female G. pulchripes for $29.99.

Got a versi and a P. vitatta as freebies in separate transactions.

None of these are especially expensive, but the pokie came with a 1" P. nigricolor, shipped for $30. The nigricolor is probably my favorite t and now 3.5" just 5 months or so later. I love that deal I got as much as meeting the wonderful hobbyist that bred them!! The freebie versicolor came with the order of another single versicolor (separate bloodlines), seller was as cool as anyone I have met in a long time, I don't know if it was that we got a long so well or what, but he also threw in 2 P. irminia as well and overnight shipped it (FedEx) for free....$22 total. I'll be thankful for that transaction for a long, long time. Also very glad to have met that hobbyist as well.

Halftrak

Arachnopeon
I just recently got four 3/4" king baboons at $15 each. I think I made out ok considering I don't really see them for less than $40 most places. Hopefully they all come in healthy. Fingers crossed. =)

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
One of my first T's was a little pink "LP" sling. Couple molts later found out that it was actually a B. auratum, turned out female as well =)

gobey

Arachnoknight
Hmmm... Well I suppose the best I got were two 4" LPs at $30 each. Not an expensive species, but I'm usually seeing these Ts at 4 inches for much higher prices than that.

My first T I got a good deal on even though it was only a Rosie. For $20 cash total I got a 5" female G. porteri with a small shoebox enclosure, coco coir, and a water dish.

Most of my slings were all on the slightly cheaper side by a few bucks. 1+ inch P. regalis' for $18 each. Half inch H. macs for $8. Half inch B. albos for $6.... Half inch OBTs for $4 Pretty cheap comparatively but nothing too drastic.