Quick Question

Alokin

Arachnosquire
So its winter time and my Lycosid....hasnt eatin in about a month now...shis starting to get really small (the abdomem i mean) shis still lively as ever but im woried shill starve.....but i cant seem to catch flyes or kricets or any insect that i can fead her...and the stores in my town dont sell any kind of live bait or food for spiders....T.T HELP!!!!!

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Yeah ordering online maybe your best bet, or go out of town and get some, that depends on how far out of town has the nearest bait/pet shop is?

Kron

Arachnosquire
Another thing you could try is searching through your compost heap if you have one, under rocks and in rotting wood for any grubs and bugs ... or feeding it some smaller spiders, particularly orb weavers as they aren't very strong outside of their webs, although that depends on whether you think yours is worth more than them :/ . It happens all the time in the wild so don't feel too bad if you do do that :p it's not like feeding it crickets is any more ethical.

Alokin

Arachnosquire
Well buying it online is a no go cous were havng some money isues and i cant really spond too mutch on deliveries and stuff....and the nearest town that can give me any kind of bait or smth is atleast 150km away.....so thats a no go too.I dont really have a compost heap as i live in a appartment building.I can try and go in the woods (or something like woods) in the outscirts of town...but thats my point its WINTER no fucking insects to catch...they are alll hiding deeeeeeep in the earth or somewhere else :D I tried laying out a fly trap on my window...will se if anyhting gets caught...im reallly fucking woried tho...T.T I tried feading her a stink bug...no intrest what so ever :D

Alokin

Arachnosquire
No luck in the woods.....nothing..its like they all vanished....T.T

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Alokin, please edit your post before the mods have to do it. (They only allow all consonant 17 letter cuss words)

Alokin

Arachnosquire
In english now please ... :D And about the cold well -10 C...i gues...but thats at night mornings its -1 -5....C but its not winter yet :D at winter its -15 to -20 :D

Alokin

Arachnosquire
Today i stumbled upo a Pyrrhocoris apterus and gave it to her...but no interest what so ever???why?

Kron

Arachnosquire
A lot of hemiptera/bugs have chemical defenses, not many eat them.

Alokin

Arachnosquire
Yeah i red about that fire buts have on both sides of the abdomen some kind of a gland that secreets a bad oder...somewhat like the stink bug...so thats why i gues she didnt eat it....then im running out of ideas and time..too...T.T

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
In english now please ... :D And about the cold well -10 C...i gues...but thats at night mornings its -1 -5....C but its not winter yet :D at winter its -15 to -20 :D
Using th f word is likely to get your post edited or deleted. You used it three times in one of your posts. ;)

Alokin

Arachnosquire
I cant really change it im sorry i didnt mean to use it tis a bad habit i gues!!!

Alokin

Arachnosquire
So i got her to eat soemthign i found a moth and it was disent sized should be ok for a couple more days :D

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Get on facebook and find someone who breeds roaches or crickets. I'm sure you'll find someone if you spend enough time.

Alokin

Arachnosquire
How do you even start serchign for soemoen on fb that breeds them :D

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
search for a bulgarian arachnid group in facebook. Invertebrates are way more popular than you'd think. Just keep looking, as long as you dont give up, you'll eventually find someone.