Chromatus molting standing up....again!

Draven

Arachnopeon
Well its more like leaning against the wall of its hide lol. And its the second time, last molt the exact same thing. I do know that T's can do this but any ideas why this T is doing it for a second time?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Well its more like leaning against the wall of its hide lol. And its the second time, last molt the exact same thing. I do know that T's can do this but any ideas why this T is doing it for a second time?
Although I certainly have no idea why a spider would do this, it is definately interesting! Maybe it's kind of like why do some people like to sleep on their side and others on there stomachs, and still others sleep with their heads in the pillows and knees up underneath. Maybe it's just more comfortable? Idk lol.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 2" Chromatus does the same thing since it was a 1/4 inch, I'm thinking it's not as dangerous as an adult t doing it, because they're so light. Hopefully she grows out of it.

Draven

Arachnopeon
I have 2 of them and the big female molts normally, its just my juvie that has a nag for doing this. He was +-10cm before this molt so as soon as he comes out of hiding I'll see how much he's grown

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I have a 5" Female of this species, when are they full grown? it dosn't look very bulky.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry about it, the T chose to moult in that way for a reason and is long as he isn't disturbed will do just fine =) There's not much you can do to encourage him to moult correctly in any case.

I didn't know chromatus grew to that size, bet that female looks fantastic! You planning to breed the male with her when he eventually hooks out?

Draven

Arachnopeon
I didn't know chromatus grew to that size, bet that female looks fantastic! You planning to breed the male with her when he eventually hooks out?
Honestly I don't know yet, I don't think I'm ready for breeding yet and there's a lot of chromatus's in the South African hobby. Lol don't know wat I'll do with all the slings

Last edited:

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Honestly I don't know yet, I don't think I'm ready for breeding yet and there's a lot of chromatus's in the South African hobby. Lol don't know wat I'll do with all the slings
Well if you do decide to give it a shot, secure a buyer first before you attempt it, best to find a seller who is interested in buying all of your slings at once (much easier than selling them individually) Once you've found someone interested then pair the Ts, that way if there is a sac you already know they've got somewhere to go

But again, don't feel you have to do breeding, only attempt it if you've done your research and are interested to =) If the hobby there has plenty of these already then dont feel any responsibility