Poll - Just For Fun

Tlover95

Arachnopeon
Alright, so I figured since I already asked acouple serious questions here since joining I'd ask some just for fun. My first question is what do you prefer tarantulas or scorpions and why? Even though I don't own any of either quite yet, I'd have to say tarantulas, much more color and variety between species it seems. Second question is what is your favorite movie spider or scorpion? For me, it'd have to be Shelob from LOTR hands down, although as far as movies dedicated to spiders go I'd have to say Arachnophobia takes the cake, any thoughts?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Being a tarantula forum, I'm thinking the replies are going to favor spiders over scorps.

Best tarantula movie? 'Tarantula' from the 1960's. There's nothing like mad scientists and giant radioactive spiders for wholesome family entertainment. I saw that one at the theatre during it's initial release.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
For your first question, it has to be Tarantulas cause I've always been fascinated about spiders since i was very young 5-6 yo, and for movies its between Arachnophobia or Eight legged freaks lol.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feel like a bad invert enthusiast for saying this but...

I don't think scorpions are that cute

There, I got my dark secret off my chest. Whew.

It's not an arachnid, but my all-time favorite movie bug has to be the giant alien cockroach from Men in Black. As a kid I thought it would make the coolest pet.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I prefer tarantula, most scorpions require extra heating, specific humidity requirements and different kinds of substrate. Tarantulas are easy and WAY more colorful, all species can use cocofiber and they can web? They are just overall more interesting to me. I would go with arachnophobia as well, its hilarious.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Best tarantula movie? 'Tarantula' from the 1960's. There's nothing like mad scientists and giant radioactive spiders for wholesome family entertainment. I saw that one at the theatre during it's initial release.
Haha showing your gray hairs a little there poec ;p *joke*

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
True spiders. Favorite movie "bug"? The giant scorps from Clash of the Titans, in all their stop motion glory.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I prefer Ts but that Male Emporer scorpion was really awesome I owned til it died.. I would really like more emperors in the future. Maybe in a few years ill buy scorps also.
Ts are longer-lived in captivity but Larger Genus of scorpions are the tanks of arachnid world. Not as big as goliath but pretty impressive claws.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I certainly didn't think he was near that old when I first seen him here, that probably is because everyone I really know over 35 doesn't know how to use a computer lol.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Being a tarantula forum, I'm thinking the replies are going to favor spiders over scorps.

I'll bet you watched it on DVD. I spent my 15 cents from lawn mowing to see it the Saturday It showed. :cool::happy:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I certainly didn't think he was near that old when I first seen him here, that probably is because everyone I really know over 35 doesn't know how to use a computer lol.
Hahahahaha touché.. in my world most of those who do know how to, its only facebook and news sites xD

xkris

Arachnosquire
with me its a draw. i love spiders but i also love scorpions.
they are quite different in some aspects.
they are not as good climbers as ts, but they do climb, especially bark scorpions. they are like arboreal of the scorpion world. they also jump and drag their prey up to branches and feed hanging upside down, holding prey with pincers. its really cool.
what else?
all of them dig and some of the terrestrial ones make a deeper more elaborate tunnel system. since im interested in scorpions and not tunnels i dont plan to get that kind.
almost all of them need heating.
i didnt know that at first so i was surprised when my itsy bitsy scorps didnt ate almost nothing, didnt grow or molt. they can live in room temperature, but it considerably slows them down.

so heating is good. now i just rearrange my baby spiders around scorp enclosure and they are all good. i never bother with humidity because we have very high ambient humidity, so its super good to forest and bark scorps. if you want desert scorps, thats a different story, higher humidity can hurt them, so you need to use a that thingy that sucks moisture out of air. but i dont keep those.

also compared to spiders, scorps are easier to deal with, but consequences of messing up are way pricier, because scorps are hotter and some are deadly.
i have quite a few scorpions and they have a different kind of appeal to them. like social behavior and maternal behavior and group defense&hunting....most of them are communal.

then there are some things they lack, like they dont web.
that is a big deal with me, because i love semi-arboreal big webbers. also like terrestrial webbers. also like arboreal webbers. i love webbers.:)
ts climb better. sometimes eat more, molt more, are not as exact about temperature.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
SCORPIONS! Don't get me wrong I love my tarantulas but the only reason I got into tarantulas was because I was trying to get into scorpions. I kept ordering them from the breeder but I just could't keep the poor things alive, Granted the always died with in 24 hours of arrival (which makes me think it was more them getting lost in the mail or handled roughly) but still I was relentless. On the last scorpion (Adult male Hottentotta trilineatus) I received a freebie B.vagans (known as squishy and my avatar photo). I fell in love and had an easy time keeping him happy and healthy. I ordered a few more with the same results, then a few more (I hate you all) and so on. Now I'm at twelve T's and cut off from old words because of there potency but im content for now. But after November second I ordering 3 centuriodes hentzi WC adults and maybe treat myself to a pair of Centuroides Bicolor. I plan on breeding both!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Alright, so I figured since I already asked acouple serious questions here since joining I'd ask some just for fun. My first question is what do you prefer tarantulas or scorpions and why? Even though I don't own any of either quite yet, I'd have to say tarantulas, much more color and variety between species it seems. Second question is what is your favorite movie spider or scorpion? For me, it'd have to be Shelob from LOTR hands down, although as far as movies dedicated to spiders go I'd have to say Arachnophobia takes the cake, any thoughts?
Im sorry but i feel the real ? Is y dont u have a tarantula yet? Lol. The part of indiana jones when he has the mex redlegs on his back! Tarantulas hands down, better colors, more pesonality.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpions are cool but I'm more of a tarantula guy. The only good spider movie in my opinion is Arachnophobia.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
My vote for best movie arachnid (as opposed to best arachnid movie) would be the scorpion from Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

I prefer tarantulas (and all spiders) over scorpions, though I am partial to both.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You must know only "idiots" hah there are tons of peeps over 35 who can use a computer and many who build their own.