What do you feed your larger T's???

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
What do you feed your T's???

I feed dubia right now 98% sometimes crickets also. I fed a lot of super worms before roach colony got large.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
The big NW tropical terrestrials are fond of crickets, roaches, and superworms. Some of the other species won't take roaches, or won't take superworms, which is why crickets are the hobby staple in this country. Every species of mine, at every size, will eat crickets.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Crickets and superworms. I was breeding dubias but they quit reproducing and I wasn't in the mood to start over.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
All of mine love crickets but when winter comes I have to drive a 50 mile round trip to get them. So I started a Dubia colony about a month ago. Started with 150, I've got 100 now, easy. Trouble is many of my T's don't like them. Slings seem to, but bigger ones don't go after them and 2 weeks later I can dig around in the substrate and get one to come up, twice as big as it was when I fed it. Have not tried superworms on the T's. I do feed them to my lizards, so I'll give them a try. But to get them it's the same trip to get crickets. The roaches were to be what saved me. They multiply like crazy but are like broccoli to my T's.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ive been feeding nothing but dubia and lateralis for about 3 years now. Although i did hatch out some teensie slings a while back, and unfortunately had to order pinhead crickets, because my lateralis werent producing at the time, and i didnt feel like cutting up dubia.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
Mostly dubias these days but I also offer crickets. My one arboreal gets crickets most of the time.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
All of mine love crickets but when winter comes I have to drive a 50 mile round trip to get them. So I started a Dubia colony about a month ago. Started with 150, I've got 100 now, easy. Trouble is many of my T's don't like them. Slings seem to, but bigger ones don't go after them and 2 weeks later I can dig around in the substrate and get one to come up, twice as big as it was when I fed it. Have not tried superworms on the T's. I do feed them to my lizards, so I'll give them a try. But to get them it's the same trip to get crickets. The roaches were to be what saved me. They multiply like crazy but are like broccoli to my T's.
Thats 1000's not a 100.

Akai

Arachnobaron
Dubia and lats these days with the latter for juveniles and slings. I treat them every now and then with super worms.

SpiderMan1975

Arachnopeon
Pretty much crickets, super worms and green horned worms. I also have a veiled chameleon so I keep a variety of feeders at all times. I guess I'm lucky that I have a local reptile expo show every 2 wks where I live. There's a bunch of booths that sell about every feeder insect you can imagine.

Auhagen

Arachnopeon
I feed my G. Rosea with arachnofobic persons ;)

(crickets only. Havent tried giving it a dubai, maby I should try that, just to mix it up for it.)

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
B. lats for the majority of the collection.

Dubias, pinky mice or supers for some of the bigger T's every once in a blue moon as a treat. Every once in awhile I may get my hands on some meal worms too. B. Lats are my staple tho and my preferred feeder. I've never fed crickets to any of my spiders ever lol

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I always feed dubia roaches unless the t won't eat them, like my female versicolor, which in her case I feed crickets.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I always feed dubia roaches unless the t won't eat them, like my female versicolor, which in her case I feed crickets.
Are dubia enough for ts??? MY big spiders will eat a ton of females , and adult male ones. And do not look overweight , perhaps feeding a lot of dubia is key?

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Someone needs to start breeding huge moths or something to make feeding large arboreals more fun :D

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I feed my 8+ inch MF LP 6-8 crickets a week, and a couple of times a year, I'll get her some hornworms as a treat. She really seems to like them, she ate four this last go around. :)

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Buy hornworms and let them turn into moths.
yeah if u got a food supply, for baby caterpillar's u can let them lay eggs also. Before u feed off the moths.

---------- Post added 11-21-2014 at 12:05 PM ----------

Not if you have a large collection. I'd have to turn my entire house into a roach farm to produce enough roaches to feed my spider collection.
Yeah true, you would Practically be in the roach hobby to have enough species to feed your spiders., and have to dedicate a room to them :cry: . You must have a tremendous amount of spiders.

Last edited: