Probabl way, way too small to ID

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
But if anybody would like to take a shot by deducing it from where it came from, feel free. Somebody brought it to me. Caught in a bathroom in a motel in Texas. It is very tiny. That piece of bark is about two inches long, if that helps. That is about all of the clues I have.
I've had it since August 10th, I have no idea if it has eaten any of the pieces of crickets I have offered or not. Have never noticed a moult. Frankly, I'm rather surprised that it still lives.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I have no idea. The dark 5th metasomal segment seems like a good characteristic for id

Edit: Vaejovis waueri?

That's the only usa scorpion i can think of other than anuroctonus, that has a darkened 5th segment.

(note: Vaejovis is no longer valid, the current genus is now paravaejovis)

Last edited:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Thanks! I'll look those up. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to scorps.Well, actually a TOTAL novice. A friend brought this one from out west couple of months ago. She thought I might like to try my hand with it. I'm not sure if it has been eating the pre-killed cricket pieces, and I've seen no signs of moults, but it still seems pretty quick and feisty.