Singapore Blue sexing

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Just curious at about what size do Singapore Blues have their mature molt? I would like to finally sex my Singapore blue but of course its nice and aggressive and for some reason likes to bury its molts deep in its burrow.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Juvenile L violaceopes males gradually fade and get more greenish brown, and at 3 1/2 to 4" will suddenly molt into a 5-6" leggy mature male. Always catches me off-guard. Females have darker legs. Males mature in about a year; females in 2 1/2 to 3 years. With each molt, females get darker legs and with more purple/blue in them.

I get them in a 32 oz deli cup and use a flashlight to see the vent detail. You don't need a molt. This is a good weekend to do that, with the cool temps. Best time of day is the morning, when they're winding down.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
I'll have to give it a try when the house is cool lol this one always runs away from the light when I've tried looking through a deli cup. Fast little sob too

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All you need to do is look is wait for the color change. Males are an ugly puke green, and females are gorgeous purple/indigo. Change in color for males occurs in a single molt.