am I under feeding my T's?

sezra

Arachnosquire
I own a P. murinus, G. rosea, and Euthalus sp. blue, and they get fed twice a month. as far as I'm aware, the rosie and blue beauty are mature females, while the OBT is about 2.5" and unknown sex.

They would all probably eat more, but if I feed them any more than what I do, they tend to let the crickets crawl all over them, although they normally eat them by the morning.

I know it takes a lot to starve a T, so im not overly worried. Im just wondering if anyone else has a similar feeding routine to me? I've noticed my T's are less active if I over feed them. Anyone else noticed this?

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
nope sounds like your feeding schedule is just fine! only slings should be fed 3 times a week or so to increase growth but after they hit juvenile you can slow it down!

but that seems to be the right proportions for adults.

cold blood

Staff member
I'd feed the obt weekly personally...I think you have the other 2 on an excellent schedule considering they are adults.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with cold blood, the mature ones can be fed twice a month no problem =) The OBT can also be fed twice a month too, however because it is still a juvie I would feed it more, maybe just one cricket a week

gobey

Arachnoknight
Yeah how about OBTs? I have 2 slings... around 1/2" and 3/4" they get fed until they don't eat.

But I have a 4" female too. Lately I give her 1 cricket a week. Are they heavy eaters? Should she get a bi monthly feeding? Or should I give her maybe 2 or 3 crickets a week.

My LPs are 4" and 5".... They eat 4 to 6 crickets.... AT ONCE.... :D

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Yeah how about OBTs? I have 2 slings... around 1/2" and 3/4" they get fed until they don't eat.

But I have a 4" female too. Lately I give her 1 cricket a week. Are they heavy eaters? Should she get a bi monthly feeding? Or should I give her maybe 2 or 3 crickets a week.

My LPs are 4" and 5".... They eat 4 to 6 crickets.... AT ONCE.... :D

No need to worry. That's how I feed mine.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
Think about talking about how often you feed. Isn't it a little too ambiguous even when you're talking about which animals you're feeding? recently, the best way that I've heard it explained is to peak at a ratio of 2:3 where the abdomen is no bigger than 150% the size of the carapace. That advice and itself is too ambiguous to me.

Thing you have to remember is that all of that abdomen is going to pass through that carapace hole once the hat pops off and it's ready to molt again.

Worry more about dehydration than starvation.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any T can be fed at one cricket a week and be fine really, it depends on how fast you want them to grow as to how much you feed. However small slings should be fed once a week at the least. Yes I do agree that water is more important than food also