Avicularia

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm thinking of getting an avicularia and was wondering if there is much of a difference in care between the different kinds? Such as the normal avicularia, the versicolor and the urticans.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They all need lots of cross ventilation and dry substrate. A tall enclosure with a piece of cork bark leaned against one side and some silk plants make for an ideal setup. Forget what you read online about them needing lots of humidity and moisture, as this is often the number one killer of Avics.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
They all need lots of cross ventilation and dry substrate. A tall enclosure with a piece of cork bark leaned against one side and some silk plants make for an ideal setup. Forget what you read online about them needing lots of humidity and moisture, as this is often the number one killer of Avics.
what he said^^^

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
For more details, search on some threads from this year on keeping Avics. I've posted on a number of them, as have other members.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Are you new to the hobby? If so I reccomend getting a juvenile/ adult and skipping the sling stage where people tend to make their mistakes and wind up with a dead T. Especially versis. My 2nd T was a 3.5" A. avic and it's a great beginner T and was a good intro to arboreals. Very mellow little guy too.

They're not my favorite genus.... But he's a special T to me nonetheless and there's a reason people love them. Good luck!