semi aboreal species

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
is there any species that can compare closely to the Green Bottle Blue? as far as being semi-aboreal and how they make really cool/interesting webs?

**preferably not any pokie species, as ive decided against them for the time being**

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OBTs are like the OW equivalent of a GBB when it comes to their lifestyle. Obviously that's no help to you since you are against an OW species for now (a wise decision), but that's the first one that came to mind.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
T. okerti

the T. ockerti looks pretty cool. almost reminds me of a GBB's coloration though.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 03:22 PM ----------

Encyocratella olivacea.
that species looks pretty interesting, do you own one yourself. you probably do since your T room is filled with 100+ Ts lol. do you have any personal info you can give on it?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
the T. ockerti looks pretty cool. almost reminds me of a GBB's coloration though.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 03:22 PM ----------

that species looks pretty interesting, do you own one yourself. you probably do since your T room is filled with 100+ Ts lol. do you have any personal info you can give on it?

Hardy, grow at a moderate to fast rate, avid eaters, love to spin. Fairly dry substrate, good ventilation, water bowl. Slings and juveniles will spin a tower of overlapping sheets and tubes in 32 oz deli cups.

This species needs to be a hobby staple.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Hardy, grow at a moderate to fast rate, avid eaters, love to spin. Fairly dry substrate, good ventilation, water bowl. Slings and juveniles will spin a tower of overlapping sheets and tubes in 32 oz deli cups.

This species needs to be a hobby staple.
sounds good, deffintily catches my attention! but how potent would you say the venom is? I kinda don't want anything that could really mess me up if it just so happens to escape up my arm during re-housing or maintenance and bites me.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
sounds good, deffintily catches my attention! but how potent would you say the venom is? I kinda don't want anything that could really mess me up if it just so happens to escape up my arm during re-housing or maintenance and bites me.

Don't know. Not common enough in the hobby for many people to have been tagged yet. I got my first T over 40 years ago, and have had a lot of OW's for half that time, and never been bit. Not something I worry about.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Don't know. Not common enough in the hobby for many people to have been tagged yet. I got my first T over 40 years ago, and have had a lot of OW's for half that time, and never been bit. Not something I worry about.
okay cool. they probably are expensive arnt they? ill go look up sites and see if I can find one for sale, hopefully I do, for a reasonable price! (fingers crossed)