Is this a subfusca?

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just got this today, labeled as P. subfusca, but common name was Sri Lankan Ornamental which I believe is fasciata. Based on the carapace ID pic, it could be a number of pokies. Carapace matches subfusca, but it doesn't seem dark enough, as well as striata and fasciata except that is has coloration between the abdominal stripe. What do you guys think? It is about 2".

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Definitely not P. subusca. The problem with the carapace ID is that it only narrows it down to a few species. Get a clear ventral shot with the legs spread out for a proper ID.

later, Tom

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I got my P striata sold to me as a Regalis, and couldn't be happier she is an amazing spider. Rarer too than Regalis.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Definitely not P. subusca. The problem with the carapace ID is that it only narrows it down to a few species. Get a clear ventral shot with the legs spread out for a proper ID.

later, Tom
+1 well said.

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 12:20 AM ----------

Get your spider a different environment please!

Jose
yeah a lot of wood chips can injure a T.

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That dealer up there must be told, if indeed it is a misslabeled T.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's a striata or fasaciata. How much did you pay for him/her?
I paid around $20 ;)
Get your spider a different environment please!

Jose
This is the cup it was delivered in. Obviously she is going in another setup.

That dealer up there must be told, if indeed it is a misslabeled T.
It was purchased from a customer and we weren't sure what it was so I just bought it to make things easier.

What would the distinguishing features be between fasciata and striata? It lacks the band on the underside of regalis.