Fungus, how to remove it?

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Hey! I recently rehoused my psalmopoeus irminia. I used new substrate and it was a little bit moist, i thought it would dry out. The container is well ventilated (cross ventilation). I never spray water, i just refill the waterdish. Today i saw fungus and it smelled really bad. My irminia just webbed her tunnel system so i dont want to destroy it and rehouse her again! Do i let it dry out? Or what i must do? Because it can take a long time to dry out, especialy because its a tall enclosure en the substrate is deep.

cold blood

Staff member
Hey! I recently rehoused my psalmopoeus irminia. I used new substrate and it was a little bit moist, i thought it would dry out. The container is well ventilated (cross ventilation). I never spray water, i just refill the waterdish. Today i saw fungus and it smelled really bad. My irminia just webbed her tunnel system so i dont want to destroy it and rehouse her again! Do i let it dry out? Or what i must do? Because it can take a long time to dry out, especialy because its a tall enclosure en the substrate is deep.
Pinch it out with your tweezers or forceps and increase your ventilation.

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Its everywere, and also in the substrate (i van see it through the plastic), and i already put more holes in it!

Akai

Arachnobaron
Well the obvious answer is to change out the sub and put her in a temp enclosure while you sterilize the enclosure. We are talking fungus spors after all right which can infect your T and kill it. I keep all my Psalmos on dry sub without issue with a water dish. You have to ask yourself whats more important....your Ts webbing which it can and will rebuild or the life of your spider that can die a horrible death due to mold and fungus explosion in your Ts enclosure. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

cold blood

Staff member
Well the obvious answer is to change out the sub and put her in a temp enclosure while you sterilize the enclosure. We are talking fungus spors after all right which can infect your T and kill it. I keep all my Psalmos on dry sub without issue with a water dish. You have to ask yourself whats more important....your Ts webbing which it can and will rebuild or the life of your spider that can die a horrible death due to mold and fungus explosion in your Ts enclosure. Sounds like a no brainer to me.
I agree, if its everywhere and beyond a spot clean, best to just start over. Don't keep it nearly as moist as you were.

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I also keep my psalmo's dry but i thought is would dry out... Ok i know what to do...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I also keep my psalmo's dry but i thought is would dry out... Ok i know what to do...
well I do 1/3 moist substrate & full water dishes for my Psalms. Big dish for female. SLings just make sure enough substrate is wet for them to drink. Too wet is bad ...very bad causes mold. Id get new substrate, I need isopods had a lot of mold issues this year.

Last edited:

Neoza

Arachnobaron
The sub wasnt really to wet! Just little moist. Now is bone dry sub and a big waterdish! Abd thanks for reply!