Wow nice suit sir

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just over a month ago my Parvula moulted and became a bit of a recluse I've caught the odd fleeting glimpse now and then, apart from a quick picture after the moult there's been nothing except the cricket, roach bolus etc. Well today while checking my T's and clean water dishes I noticed a familiar shape upside down on the lid of the enclosure right above the hide (which is ceramic). All the time ive had this t it's been really skittish so I knew any movement could end in a fall and I needed to move enclosure to get to another so I made a quick choice shallow catch cup or hand I went with hand as it was quicker. I was shocked to see how beautiful this t as become since the last moult and just how calm it's suddenly become.

Attachments

Last edited:

Akai

Arachnobaron
Have you raised it from a sling an if so, how long did it take to attain this size? Gorgeous spider btw.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Thanks I was half expecting to get tagged but thought I'll survive if the t falls and hits the hide it might not
Exactly! id of done the same thing, esoecially sence grabbing a catch cup may startle him and its not like ud loose your hand if bit, tho placed right may feel like it (wrist) but def worth it imho

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have you raised it from a sling an if so, how long did it take to attain this size? Gorgeous spider btw.
Thanks the picture doesn't do it justice in the flesh it looks like it's been spray painted by Banksy lol. I bought this t as a juvenile but when it arrived it was more of a sub adult in size around 2-2.5" now it's touching 3.5" roughly and its taken over a year to grow an inch or so

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 12:15 PM ----------

Exactly! id of done the same thing, esoecially sence grabbing a catch cup may startle him and its not like ud loose your hand if bit, tho placed right may feel like it (wrist) but def worth it imho
I'd do this with almost all of my T's including my gbb, she's really chilled. The only 1 I would hesitate with is my really old mature female nhandu coloratovillosus that girl is so grumpy she makes my gbb seem like a saint even on a bad day

Akai

Arachnobaron
Banksy the graffiti artist? lol I dig the pop culture reference. Took me a minute to place the name. lol I was just wondering the growth rate of these because I'd love to add one. It would probably be best to get these as juvies/sub adult while I have youth on my side. lol

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Banksy the graffiti artist? lol I dig the pop culture reference. Took me a minute to place the name. lol I was just wondering the growth rate of these because I'd love to add one. It would probably be best to get these as juvies/sub adult while I have youth on my side. lol
From the research I did the growth rate is said to be medium to fast. But being a dwarf it will be really tiny as a sling no doubt