Bulkiest & heaviest Grammastola???

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I was wondering what is the Bulkiest/ heaviest Grammastola.

:coffee: G porteri is bulky for only 5-5.5".

There are very many in this Genus , Very few I have owned. :coffee:
Most of which aren't in the hobby.

Last edited:

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even if it's not the bulkiest, wouldn't pulchripes be heaviest just by virtue of size? Or is there a species in the hobby that gets bigger?

awiec

Arachnoprince
Even if it's not the bulkiest, wouldn't pulchripes be heaviest just by virtue of size? Or is there a species in the hobby that gets bigger?
I believe G.iheringi gets that title for "largest", they are not as bulky as the rest of the genus though, mine very much reminds me of a GBB as they are very leggy and not bulky like my pulchripes.

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
I believe G.iheringi gets that title for "largest", they are not as bulky as the rest of the genus though, mine very much reminds me of a GBB as they are very leggy and not bulky like my pulchripes.
Yup, the tales of G.iheringi being huge are exaggerated because people measure by DLS, and that makes leggy Ts seem bigger than they actually are.

Among the species common in the hobby (G. grossa is rare and I've only seen pictures of it), G. pulchripes would probably be the biggest.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
One of my adult pulchripes is huge,maybe the heaviest in my collection of 25 adult females.

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
My adult female G. grossa is about 6.5" and looks pretty large. I wouldn't call her super bulky though.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
My adult female G. grossa is about 6.5" and looks pretty large. I wouldn't call her super bulky though.
That a rare species?G. pulchripes is huge is it bigger in weight than G pulchra?? who is Queen/King ?
Rare species also count but less proof of adult size.

So many amazing grammys, regardless of size not in the hobby as/w most genus.

Last edited: