Thirsty after his molt.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
My Avic sp. Guyana Blue male had his ultimate molt today. Soon as I pulled the molt out he ran to his water dish and drank for 10 min. His MF is very happy today

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Looks like it crawled into a GBB enclosure to molt.:) teehee

I love to catch them drinking.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Looks like it crawled into a GBB enclosure to molt.:) teehee

I love to catch them drinking.
You mean because of his color? I thought he looked like a GBB too. His orange butt darkens a lot. He molted about 4 hours ago and his color is totally different now, very dark blue/purple.

cold blood

Staff member
You mean because of his color? I thought he looked like a GBB too. His orange butt darkens a lot. He molted about 4 hours ago and his color is totally different now, very dark blue/purple.
No, because of the superdry sub and the ground webbing...I'm sure its simply a molting mat.;)

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
No, because of the superdry sub and the ground webbing...I'm sure its simply a molting mat.;)
I keep it on the dry side, with a light mist every day. He webbed up the entire floor, pretty damn thick too. And webbed up one corner from top to bottom. The female has not laid down any silk at all!!! I thought he had his ultimate molt but after looking at the pedipalps and his leg length I don't think so now :( !!