Poecilotheria metallica sling molting in my hand

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sounds like a pretty incredible (and nervewracking) experience, but the vid is set to private. Did you mean to make it unlisted?

goodyt

Arachnosquire
Thank you. :) The heartbeat was the coolest part for me.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Thank you. :) The heartbeat was the coolest part for me.
Yes, I knew the heart can be seen but to see it like that...... I don't know how you managed to keep so still, I'd have been shaking with excitement.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
That's insane, I would be annoyed if it happened to me, I have borderline ADHD so I always have to be doing something haha.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Amazing and beautiful !!! You were so lucky. You will probably be slammed for holding a T, I did. So many on here think it's a mortal sin to hold a tarantula. They think put it in a box and look at it. I interact with them every chance I get, as long as they don't mind. looks like you really care about your T's.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I think it was awesome, the T was obviously fine afterwards, it's been a loooong time since I have seen a first of something in this hobby.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
Amazing and beautiful !!! You were so lucky. You will probably be slammed for holding a T, I did. So many on here think it's a mortal sin to hold a tarantula. They think put it in a box and look at it. I interact with them every chance I get, as long as they don't mind. looks like you really care about your T's.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415407172.958721.jpg

Yeah, lol, I'm not as timid as I should be (more for the critically endangered Ts' lives than my dumb self for holding them.) I've kept this species from slings for over two years and I know enough to have read and reread the bite reports. Bring in the slamming. I just was examining the new sling and knew not to move it once it started. Like I said, it was quick.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
View attachment 131712

Yeah, lol, I'm not as timid as I should be (more for the critically endangered Ts' lives than my dumb self for holding them.) I've kept this species from slings for over two years and I know enough to have read and reread the bite reports. Bring in the slamming. I just was examining the new sling and knew not to move it once it started. Like I said, it was quick.
i think its pretty cool, but yeah just give it time... you will soon get pretty slammed for this post.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
I think it was awesome, the T was obviously fine afterwards, it's been a loooong time since I have seen a first of something in this hobby.
It really is fine. I tried to emphasize that it was very alert and walking. It would be neat if this is a first.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Goodyt, thats a beautiful T your holding, oops, I mean that you showed us a picture of. Yeah, thats it, showed us a picture of....

14pokies

Arachnoprince
http://youtu.be/aJ8CfRujF4E

I knew it was pre-molt, but wasn't expecting or hoping this would happen, but it's pretty cool.
so you knew you were gunna get some hatemale right? well here it comes.ill be gentle as i fall in the handling is not a mortal sin camp.if you suspected it of molting you shouldnt of picked it up. thats realy about it though its not like you could of put it back in its enclosure once it started. i have a feeling you know of all the ways that that could of gone wrong for that little spider so i wont rub it in your face...im sure sumone else will..please be more responsible though.none of the animals we own cats,dogs,snakes lizards,tarantulas whatever ask to be in our care.when you take an animal into your care its your job to do whats best for that animal.u can take my opinion with a grain of salt if you want maybe im a little over sensitive. im the guy that apologizes to crickets before i smush there head to feed to baby ts.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
Here's to the future four and little to no handling! ;-)

I am more than happy that they are all still very well. I will be manipulating slings and ewls by the dozen in the next few months if all goes well. At least I have a proven gentle touch for delicate situations.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Here's to the future four and little to no handling! ;-)

I am more than happy that they are all still very well. I will be manipulating slings and ewls by the dozen in the next few months if all goes well. At least I have a proven gentle touch for delicate situations.
You continue to do as you want with your Ts. If you're not afraid and they are not afraid, go for it. It's a lot more rewarding to interact with them, then to have a 100 and never touch one. Might as well have pictures of Ts taped to the side of a tank.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
I don't handle them regularly. When they were slings, I was less afraid of their bite and I became accustomed to their movements. The adults scare the pee out of me and I use a blush brush (clear of chemicals or some other long tool) if I need them to be moved almost all of the time.

To those that want to follow in the footsteps of my footage, I say: you're cray and don't ask me for advice on how to do it! You risk hurting a critically endangered animal and yourself as well. Do you have any clue how bad a bite would hurt you and effect your life for days?

Seriously, I do not promote handling of the species AND STILL IN THE SAME THREAD I am willing to show you the first time that I've ever seen a sling's heartbeat.