Borrowing Pamphobeteus platyomma

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
I'm hoping this isn't a dumb question but my female Scientific name : Pamphobeteus platyomma is burrowing into her hide all the way down to the glass and seems to be building a barricade to block the entrance to her burrow. Previous owner listed her having molted in April so not too long ago. She ate a couple of days ago and hasn't been mated yet. Anyone have any feedback why she would be doing this?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I haven't kept this species, but it's my understanding that they are opportunistic burrowers. She's just doing spider things and customizing her hide. :)

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Burrowing helps keep humidity up , Pamphobeteus platyomma is one of the hardier of the genus. Just make sure she has plenty of water. In water-dish always. Maybe overflow water-dish a little bit.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
That's also plenty of time for her to be molting again, its a quicker molting species. How big is it?

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
The humidity is around 60% and her water dish isn't in the picture. She's about 6".

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Customizing its home is all. Perhaps preparing for a molt. All of mine will lay down a mat before molting. I've also noticed mine rarely drink, but when they do, they empty the entire dish in one drink, and its almost always a day or two before a molt. Crazy thing is that's a characteristic of all 4 of my Plats.