Gbb breeding question

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
Hey got a question, I will be so happy if u guys can answer it for me. image.jpg I have a gbb female that moulted 1.5-2 months ago and it just moulted again is that common for them to molt that fast. And when is it able to bred she is about 1.5 years old and almost 4 inchs

Ps. I will be rehousing her this week gotta go out an buy her a new enclosure, and I am
Using a 50/50 Eco earth, vermiculite.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
She is probably breed-able, but experienced breeders told me last time I asked a question like this for OBT, that larger spiders are better to breed 5"+.
70% of adult female size is usually good enough.

Are you in a hurry to breed? for some reason:biggrin:

Last edited:

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Hey got a question, I will be so happy if u guys can answer it for me. View attachment 131768 I have a gbb female that moulted 1.5-2 months ago and it just moulted again is that common for them to molt that fast. And when is it able to bred she is about 1.5 years old and almost 4 inchs

Ps. I will be rehousing her this week gotta go out an buy her a new enclosure, and I am
she should be bigger than 4" if your looking to breed her. I wouldn't go rushing into trying to breed her just yet. just give it time and let her grow.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
when is it able to bred she is about 1.5 years old and almost 4 inches.
In my experience, which includes a number of species faster growing than GBB's, females typically should be 2 1/2 to 3 years old to breed. Prior to that, they're still growing and putting their resources into that, and with egg production competing with those resources, sacs are often small with a low survival rate. Look at how often your female is molting now; females of most species I pair up usually don't lay a sac for at least 6 months after mating...isn't there a good chance in 6 months yours will have molted again or be premolt? This is not an easy species to breed, and not the best one to start your breeding career with.

Are you sure of the sex? Males can be fairly large when they mature. I'd verify it's sex before I got too excited.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hey got a question, I will be so happy if u guys can answer it for me. View attachment 131768 I have a gbb female that moulted 1.5-2 months ago and it just moulted again is that common for them to molt that fast. And when is it able to bred she is about 1.5 years old and almost 4 inchs

Did u get her as a 1/4" sling are u sure she is only 1.5 years old?? SLings in low temps +not much food take a long time to grow.
I got a 4-5year old LP female who is only 6.5" do to low temps.

Last edited:

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks all for replying really appreciate it. She is a for sure female I sexed her myself and even had a couple people sex her molt from a pic I seen a flap and when I flip the moult it has a hole/flap. She is around 1.5 but I will ask again the person I got her from. I am in no rush to breed her I just want to know when I am able to bred her so I can get a male for her, for the future.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
[I just want to know when I am able to bred her so I can get a male for her, for the future.
What I'd do is get several GBB slings, and you'll get at least one male out of that. By the time he matures, your girl will be ready. The extra slings can be kept, sold, or traded. The bigger they are, the more they're worth.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
congrats !!! I prefer getting multiples hence my dislike of expensive slings when I want to buy 4 of them. I like hardy Ts the best.

Unless u already got a MM wait til your female is 5" to breed her.

wish phampho were more common/affordable they are my second favorite Genus.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
wish phampho were more common/affordable they are my second favorite Genus.

The vast majority of T's in the US are never bred; we need to focus on getting more paired up. Pamphos certainly should be more common.

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
thanks everyone but i will be just buying a sub adult male because my mom still doesn't know i have a spider in the house lol, and i cant get any more, so ill just get a male later on.
but i am happy that i have this girl. she eats everything i giv her and never displays anger just nervous.

ps... i measured her yesterday and she is 4 in now, YESSSS!

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks everyone but i will be just buying a sub adult male because my mom still doesn't know i have a spider in the house
Uhm, so your mom doesn't know you have one spider, and you want to bring possibly hundreds more into your home? How will you sell them? Sounds like a bad idea. You're potentially putting hundreds of baby spiders at risk if you breed her and even get a sac.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
thanks everyone but i will be just buying a sub adult male because my mom still doesn't know i have a spider in the house lol, and i cant get any more, so ill just get a male later on.
but i am happy that i have this girl. she eats everything i giv her and never displays anger just nervous.

ps... i measured her yesterday and she is 4 in now, YESSSS!
this is quite possibly one of the most irresponsible things I've heard in quite a while....

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Don't do it man. Not to be rude.. but you clearly do not know what you are doing. Do some research and clear it up with your parents. There is no room for irresponsibility here.

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
i just told her last night after we were talking about my snakes and she said ok as long as she doesnt see them out there enclosure. but i wont breed her till a couple of years want to get more experience in keeping her healthy and safe. thanks everyone for the help

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Just make sure you know what your getting into. If you breed successfully you will have many many slings and you will have to take measures to make sure they don't escape. Thats alot of very very small T's to watch out for. And a whole lot of vials, feeding, watering, packing, and shipping. I apologize if I sounded rude in my previous comment. You just need to be sure you know what you are getting into.