N ▲ n o

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know why any one has said anything yet but those look amazing! That was really awesome to watch, I loved the 2nd vid haha.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
I liked your earlier video but the new one is amazing! The editing and music is spot on. You have a gift for film making, keep them coming.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Looked like she got a little cranky there :p. Was this all the same day or did you do multiple takes over time?

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
This was over a couple days to reduce stress on them (2 Porteri's were used in the making)

awiec

Arachnoprince
This was over a couple days to reduce stress on them (2 Porteri's were used in the making)
I thought they were two different spiders and that makes sense, I know that tarantulas eventually do get out of breath (takes about 40 minutes) from all that walking.

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's awesome, you seem pretty talented at video editing.

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
Newest T vid
older one
That is a very professional video series.

What additional lenses are on the GoPro that you use?
I have acquired the GP Hero Black.
There are a few macro add-ons on the market, but I backed off due to the non variable focus theme.
I like the way the GP camera works, but I have not found a macro that keeps the same variable focus idea going.
Most allow perfect close shots, but when the subject gets out of the range, then the shot is over.
Thank you.

MrWindupBird

Arachnopeon
Absolutely stunning work!

I am now inspired to do a little more than simple still macro shoots... What do you use for lighting when filming video? Especially in the Psychonaut video - the colors are amazing. Any good recommendations for learning the art of video color correction? That is usually the part that I struggle with the most. I am getting pretty good at getting ok results with Lightroom for stills - but never am able to get the same results with video...

Also, your artistic style is simply amazing. Spot on with choice of image overlays and music choice!

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Thanks again for watching and commenting people appreciate it!

I just used a standard go pro hero 3 for this no extra lenses or anything (tbh I wasnt aware they had options lol)

Lighting is usually just a single soft light positioned right above, still getting the hang of it which seems like an art all to itself .. and not easy to get right. What editing software are you using to edit video? I use FCPX and just stick to their basic colour charts, hoping one day to upgrade to lightroom etc. Again I think it's like lighting, you can have hit or miss times, lots of times I get both wrong, in fact more than it actually works out.

Again cheers for the kind words people!

MrWindupBird

Arachnopeon
Thanks again for watching and commenting people appreciate it!

I just used a standard go pro hero 3 for this no extra lenses or anything (tbh I wasnt aware they had options lol)

Lighting is usually just a single soft light positioned right above, still getting the hang of it which seems like an art all to itself .. and not easy to get right. What editing software are you using to edit video? I use FCPX and just stick to their basic colour charts, hoping one day to upgrade to lightroom etc. Again I think it's like lighting, you can have hit or miss times, lots of times I get both wrong, in fact more than it actually works out.

Again cheers for the kind words people!
Wait... I am now more confused than ever... Are you saying that the camera used for these videos was a GoPro 3? Because, based on the DOF on many of these shots, I would swear that it was filmed with some DSLR + Macro lens combination. I have never thought of using my GoPro as a macro camera. Is this even possible?

I have been mesmerized by these videos for the last 3 days. The production values are absolutely stunning. I have a sense for the amount of effort required for the graphic elements in the videos, and kudos to you for the artistic vision to add the awesome overlays. I am still in awe of the lighting involved in the filming of the chameleon in the Psychonaut video. Simply brilliant.