Good looking awesome chilobrachys ?? Good suggestions

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I was wondering if any owners of these got any cool looking ones, So far I have chilobrachys sai Yok colors are rather bland.
Or good species in general despite colors , I am not afraid of there agression. :coffee:
What are the biggest chilobrachys in the hobby?

I would still get them even if they are close to dirt colored I love the webs they make.,
chilobrachys Sai yok, I own She is very impressive.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I've got dyscolus, fimbriatus, guangxiensis, Blue Vietnam, & a big all-black species; all are fast, feisty, and like to spin. I'd recommend them all to someone with experience.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I've got dyscolus, fimbriatus, guangxiensis, Blue Vietnam, & a big all-black species; all are fast, feisty, and like to spin. I'd recommend them all to someone with experience.
I keep mine dry , with a full water-dish . How do you care for them? I got no problem with big, fast Angry T;s .

Ill probably get my second bite someday but O well.

Akai

Arachnobaron
I keep mine dry , with a full water-dish . How do you care for them? I got no problem with big, fast Angry T;s .

If you are going to get a Chilobrachys, you've got get a C. fimbriatus. These are the king of Chilos in the hobby and by far the prettiest one. ;)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor

All Asian terrestrials I know of should have moist substrate. As far as being bitten, I got my first Asian terrestrial almost 40 years ago and have never been bitten by anything.

---------- Post added 11-12-2014 at 05:59 AM ----------

If you are going to get a Chilobrachys, you've got get a C. fimbriatus. These are the king of Chilos in the hobby and by far the prettiest one. ;)
Fimbriatus is certainly one of the most colorful Chilobrachys, but being one of the smaller ones, it may not qualify as the 'king' of the genus.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Fimbriatus is certainly one of the most colorful Chilobrachys, but being one of the smaller ones, it may not qualify as the 'king' of the genus.
According to the Arachne-Mag, size of these can vary greatly. Some get up to 6" which I wouldn't call small. My AF is ~5.5" currently.

Also, trust me when I say you don't want to get get bitten by these. I've heard from people over here that did, their venom is strong like Poecie toxin and it often causes high fever in addition to those nasty symptoms. And no, I've never got bitten by mine. She rather hides than picks a fight generally.

Martin1975

Arachnoknight
Hello
I have the dyscolus aka commonly as Burma chocolate brown,she is not aggressive and like said above rather hide than pick a fight. My other specimen is the Chilobrachys Huahini aka commonly as the Asian Fawn,her behaviour is the same as the aforementioned specimen. I keep both specimens misted every 2-3 days and with our climate it has worked well.

http://www.tarantulaforum.com/index.php?threads/1755/

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I have a C. fimbriatus youngster. Very industrious, good webber and tunneler. But mine is shy, rarely see it.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
I have a C. Dyscolus, hits been a very cool species to observe. Adjusts to new environments very quickly. Within a few days the enclosure is unrecognizable from where it started. Very impressive adaptability.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I only have a fimbriatus but out of all of them sp. Blue Vietnam seems like the best looking one.

Last edited:

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I only have C.guangixensis juvie, the webbing is just incredible and the legs are very long and spindly, very interesting genus this

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I only have C.guangixensis juvie, the webbing is just incredible and the legs are very long and spindly, very interesting genus this
How big do these get I got chilobrachys sai Yok , she looks about 6" but im hoping she gets bigger. She has more of a coffee mocha color, but she is one of my favorite Ts.

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I got a C.sp. "Kaeng krachan" as a freebie early summer/spring. Fast grower this sp. It was 1/2" when I got it and is now about 1.5-2". Not that much info on these but I've read they're one of the bigger ones and can reach 7".
This guy also likes to web and tunnel like crazy and runs to its tunnel as soon as something happens.

Maybe not the best sp. for a first OW...

Akai

Arachnobaron
I got a C.sp. "Kaeng krachan" as a freebie early summer/spring. Fast grower this sp. It was 1/2" when I got it and is now about 1.5-2". Not that much info on these but I've read they're one of the bigger ones and can reach 7".
This guy also likes to web and tunnel like crazy and runs to its tunnel as soon as something happens.

Maybe not the best sp. for a first OW...
I've been seeing these around. There isn't that much info on these that I could find. Is this a a black Chilobrachys or in the browns?