I do love my little B. albopilosum

Enn49

Arachnosquire
My little curly haired Coco fascinates me. It was a freebie that I've had for 3 months now and would probably never have picked to buy but it has stolen my heart. It spends all its time on the bottom of the tub having built a huge system of tunnels through the substrate but it is always visible either against the side or through the bottom. A great feeder, dragging a small cricket down to the depths within seconds of me putting it in. It will come to the side to show its belly as soon as I start taking pics, probably telling me to go away.

All I can say is a big thank you to Tarantulas Bristol for sending it to me, otherwise I would have missed out on a great little character.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Heh i know what you mean i had an albo once apon a time (rip) i never realy wanted it at first. I realy never even cared for the sp but that was all that freebies at the time. But he became my favorite quick always digging then he hit 1" and was on display 80% of the time out of the burrow. He would take roacges gengerly off my hemostats and was such a sweety. I havnt had such a unique T sense him... granted idk if id buy a sling. Maybe an af (im hate slow growth) but noone will fill his void xD

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got a free curly from Pet Center USA , I too would not have picked one of these special little Ts . It's so much fun to watch
making its burrow. This little T is always busy ! Mine is about the same size as yours and has also stolen my heart lol.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I hope you guys have a super calm one like mine. I never seen him dig, but was so chill id sitthere watching him groom with top off cup. Sometimes wed just stare youd think he was halloween decor. I actually left his lid open once, granted he sat in a n additional much larger tank that day. But i went to bathroom washed hands and made sandwhich.. came back hes just groomin being an awesome lil T.. what luck..

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Heh i know what you mean i had an albo once apon a time (rip) i never realy wanted it at first. I realy never even cared for the sp but that was all that freebies at the time. But he became my favorite quick always digging then he hit 1" and was on display 80% of the time out of the burrow. He would take roacges gengerly off my hemostats and was such a sweety. I havnt had such a unique T sense him... granted idk if id buy a sling. Maybe an af (im hate slow growth) but noone will fill his void xD
Ooo, I hope Coco surfaces when it hits 1", should be there after next moult. I'm sorry you lost yours.

I got a free curly from Pet Center USA , I too would not have picked one of these special little Ts . It's so much fun to watch
making its burrow. This little T is always busy ! Mine is about the same size as yours and has also stolen my heart lol.
Yes, Coco always seems to be doing something. I can't count the number of times it's rebuilt those tunnels.

I hope you guys have a super calm one like mine. I never seen him dig, but was so chill id sitthere watching him groom with top off cup. Sometimes wed just stare youd think he was halloween decor. I actually left his lid open once, granted he sat in a n additional much larger tank that day. But i went to bathroom washed hands and made sandwhich.. came back hes just groomin being an awesome lil T.. what luck..
At the moment it seems calm but I don't think I risk leaving the lid of although my tubs are all inside an ExoTerra viv for safety, I have cats lol.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Ooo, I hope Coco surfaces when it hits 1", should be there after next moult. I'm sorry you lost yours.

At the moment it seems calm but I don't think I risk leaving the lid of although my tubs are all inside an ExoTerra viv for safety, I have cats lol.
lol should from my experience with other brachys all came out of digging mode at 1-1.5" and start to just be display, ish T's :) waiting on B.boehmei #2 to molt itl be 3/4-1" and should be done with burrowing

and yea didnt exactly mean to.. was kinda one of those "if i dont run to the potty now ill soil myself kinda things... and compleatly forgot what i was doing.. good thing i had such a calm T.. :|

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I got two curlys right now, my old one turned in to a MM. They are such cool Brachys not colorful but impressive & good eaters. Fast growers , if not fastest brachy. Very great species :biggrin: Mine don't burrow after about in 2" size.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
That's great. I can't wait to see more of it.

and yea didnt exactly mean to.. was kinda one of those "if i dont run to the potty now ill soil myself kinda things... and compleatly forgot what i was doing.. good thing i had such a calm T.. :|
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the call of nature and forgets what I was doing lol.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
That's great. I can't wait to see more of it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the call of nature and forgets what I was doing lol.
wooo im bot alone! Lolol i ran to use the bathroom and forgot.. yelled at dogs, fed n watered them. filled up dogs pool a lil (summer time) watched tv like 10 mins.. and walked back in room to grab something, lo and behold my little buddy was atill just sitting there, grooming away. I rolled a lucky dice on that event lol..

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
wooo im bot alone! Lolol i ran to use the bathroom and forgot.. yelled at dogs, fed n watered them. filled up dogs pool a lil (summer time) watched tv like 10 mins.. and walked back in room to grab something, lo and behold my little buddy was atill just sitting there, grooming away. I rolled a lucky dice on that event lol..
I have a few times left lid of and had to catch G rosea trying to run away on my bed. Don't under estimate a pet rock , when you do it makes a run for it. My LP tried to run away with the lid off for 2-3 minutes.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Lol. You really were lucky.

I have a few times left lid of and had to catch G rosea trying to run away on my bed. Don't under estimate a pet rock , when you do it makes a run for it. My LP tried to run away with the lid off for 2-3 minutes.
I'm very careful about shutting doors on their vivs and all my slings tubs are in vivs too so I do have that extra safety measure. I did it that way as I have cats that really love crickets, they're not so bothered about the Ts.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Enn, the curly hairs are SO underrated. I've gotten 4 as freebies with orders, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Hardy, docile, active, great eaters, they are just about THE best beginner T, despite their somber appearance. :)

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Enn, the curly hairs are SO underrated. I've gotten 4 as freebies with orders, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Hardy, docile, active, great eaters, they are just about THE best beginner T, despite their somber appearance. :)
You're so right. I almost wish I'd bought some more but I went for B. smithi and P. irminia instead and now I'm awaiting the arrival on Wednesday of 2 x K. brunnipes and a L. sp. "Borneo Black"

gobey

Arachnoknight
I have 4 of the little guys. :3

I bought 1. 3 were freebies. I had another... but it's my one sore moment in T keeping, it escaped and is most certainly a long forgotten house spider meal now. );

BUT they are certainly charming little Ts. Mine are all babies. The biggest siblings being slightly under an inch. And the other two siblings being slightly under 1/2 inch. Only one has a burrow. He has one long tunnel. And boy is it fun to see him immediately come right out to snatch a pinhead and pull it down into his lair!

They are a little shy sometimes and can go between aggressive powerhouse eaters, to being scardy cats when they see a cricket. And one now has built a little overhead type structure he hides from me under.

I wanted one because I heard they're a great "pet tarantula". Compared to my grumpy Grammostola and my 7 baboons and Poecs, I have something that will grow up hopefully into a nice calm T. Well now there's 4 lol. I figure I'd get rid of 2 of them.... But I just don't know if I can!

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
You're so right. I almost wish I'd bought some more but I went for B. smithi and P. irminia instead and now I'm awaiting the arrival on Wednesday of 2 x K. brunnipes and a L. sp. "Borneo Black"
Nothing wrong with the smithi or the irminia, great choices. I've got two of the first and one of the second. The irminia, in particular, will grow like a bloody weed (mine went from an inch to 3.5" in just the first year), and are just stunning with their contrasting black & bright orange colouration. :)

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I have 4 of the little guys. :3

I bought 1. 3 were freebies. I had another... but it's my one sore moment in T keeping, it escaped and is most certainly a long forgotten house spider meal now. );

BUT they are certainly charming little Ts. Mine are all babies. The biggest siblings being slightly under an inch. And the other two siblings being slightly under 1/2 inch. Only one has a burrow. He has one long tunnel. And boy is it fun to see him immediately come right out to snatch a pinhead and pull it down into his lair!

They are a little shy sometimes and can go between aggressive powerhouse eaters, to being scardy cats when they see a cricket. And one now has built a little overhead type structure he hides from me under.

I wanted one because I heard they're a great "pet tarantula". Compared to my grumpy Grammostola and my 7 baboons and Poecs, I have something that will grow up hopefully into a nice calm T. Well now there's 4 lol. I figure I'd get rid of 2 of them.... But I just don't know if I can!
This one of mine has burrowed down to the bottom then right across the bottom of the tub so you can see right through. When I shine a torch in it will run to the side and show its belly off. You can never part with the ones you know you ought to sell, they're always the ones that you get too attached to.

Nothing wrong with the smithi or the irminia, great choices. I've got two of the first and one of the second. The irminia, in particular, will grow like a bloody weed (mine went from an inch to 3.5" in just the first year), and are just stunning with their contrasting black & bright orange colouration. :)
They're great too. The irminia looks like it has legwarmers on and one of the smithi has burrowed right against the side of the tub so I can see it and the other is almost always out and about, but it is so,so tiny.

I'm getting excited now as my 2 x K. brunnipes and a L. sp. "Borneo Black come in the morning. Tubs will be set up tonight ready for them.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Same thing happened to me I got something in the mail with three little free Curleys and I just fell in love with them.sadly one of them died but the other two are doing really well and I don't think I'll be getting rid of them either!

--J.Haas

Enn49

Arachnosquire
What is the white thing near the mouthparts? Food? Just thought I would point it out.
It's a speck on the inside of the tub. Thanks for pointing it out though. I went and checked to set my mind at rest, even took a new pic and you can see the specks on that too.

VickyChaiTea

Arachnosquire
Aaaah this describes my experience with these guys perfectly. I was super excited when I got 2 of these and 2 G. pulchripes and these guys were more of an afterthought. I was so into the pulchripes but after a week or so the curly hairs stole my heart! Absolutely my favorite of the two.