T pet peeves(Things your T's do that annoy you)

Kees Hood

Arachnopeon
Although being relatively new to T's and the boards, I have already developed a pet peeve manifesting in my GBB. S/he builds a web hammock, goes to the ceiling of her enclosure, and sits there, refuses food, but I'm sure she hasn't died. She eats one cricket it seems, then goes into a two month premolt :mad:. Feel free to post your all time biggest T pet peeves here as well!

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Although being relatively new to T's and the boards, I have already developed a pet peeve manifesting in my GBB. S/he builds a web hammock, goes to the ceiling of her enclosure, and sits there, refuses food, but I'm sure she hasn't died. She eats one cricket it seems, then goes into a two month premolt :mad:. Feel free to post your all time biggest T pet peeves here as well!
my gbb doesnt really cause any pet peeves with me, but my rose hair... she just does not eat (obviously normal) but its just sooo damn annoying! and my A. geniculata has been in pre molt for the longest time and im still waiting on a damn molt! my B. smithi never comes out of its hide. my A. avic is just wierd in general as far as its personality goes. but the rest of them are what i would call a "normal T"

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah fasting.

Filling the water dish with sub every day.

Some t's are very sensitive to light, but I require it to see them...grrrrr.

Poo on the glass.

Those are a few of my [least] favorite things. :wink:

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
I'm not bothered about fasting (unless the T looks dangerously thin). My GBB does annoy me though, mainly by darting all over the enclosure and flicking hair like crazy whenever I'm trying to feed it. But hey, it's not like I didn't know what I was signing up for. :)

Enn49

Arachnosquire
OBT bought for her beautiful colour but I never see her.
P. vittata that always poos on the glass then smears it around.
G rosea that hides all her rubbish in the back cornet of her viv, behind her wood and then sits and guards it so I can't get to it.
L. parahybana that always empties the water bowl almost as soon as I fill it up.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
Yea I think a lot of answers will be the same.

My pulchra dumps and fills her water dish up with sub often although it doesn't really drive me crazy so much as make me laugh.

My avic putting bolus in her clean water, that I do get annoyed with bc her enclosure makes it a mother to change out.

My regalis being a complete recluse by merely looking his way.

Everyone else has been "good"

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I get a threat display from my female Irminia/cambridgei everytime I try to refill her water bowl, and when I do refill, she would attack the water bowl or water furiously, she's also not the greatest eater, she would show interest in food, put her paw or pedipalp on top of the food and then that's it.. lol, and she poos everywhere on everything, but the thing I love most about her is she is active every night, crawling around her enclosure, so sweet. My P. Irminia juvie is 24/7 in it's funnel web, so never see him, just some cute little paws sticking out from the entrance of his funnel, just waiting to grab food. I just love them.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
My A. hentzi sling lives subterranean 24/7. She even waits for prey items to crawl in her burrow to eat. I know it's their nature to burrow, but give a guy a break and surface once in a while!

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
I have a few that will go out of their way to poo in their water dishes.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a few that will go out of their way to poo in their water dishes.
They do this becuase in the wild places with water generally get washed away. They literally are going out of their way to do it.

Also, people with t's flipping/filling the waterdish with sub, try moving it somewhere else. My LP always flipped it and I moved it to the middle of the enclosure and she leaves it alone.

Chad2008

Arachnopeon
I placed a dubia on my A. Avics web and it kind of scooted on up into her home...
Of course the A. avic wasnt hungry and the roach got stuck in her web and just sat there with no way for me to get it out without me destroying her home so i decided to just let it go for now
checked it last night after a few days of ignoring it and GUESS WHAT?! she webbed the mofo into her home as a nice cushion for her ass....
T's man... T's:bored:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
When all I had was a single rosea, fasting really irritated me. Getting crickets can sometimes be tricky, and it was frustrating to have them die because the rose-hair decided to go on a hunger strike.

I have an A. geniculata and a L. parahybana now though, (plus a few others that might fast on occasion, but thoseother two will pick up the slack) so it shouldn't be as much of an issue. Still wish getting the crickets was a little easier though. But that isn't the spider's fault.

Spinster

Arachnosquire
My tiny A. versicolor sling likes to rush up and out of her deli cup, every time I open it. I think they do it for the fun of watching us turn white and clutch at our chests...

My L. parahybana likes to not eat, unless I feed her with forceps in *just* the right way. Won't touch crickets. We don't get Dubia here. So far I've only ever been able to feed her the occasional superworm - and I hate feeding those because they're vicious, destructive and hard to find once they burrow into the substrate. Also, she's a bit unpredictable. Sits like a pet rock most of the time but sometimes throws a hissy: threat postures, rushing at my hand/forceps, occasional hair-kick.

Pet Holes/Hides: I have two Pet Holes, one is a N. chromatus sling and the other's a Pseudhapalopus spp. Colombia shorthair. I'd rather be able to see my T's, at least once in a while. I plan to build them special enclosures to be able to view them, once they get bigger.

Re Pet Hides, I've stopped putting standard hides in their cages and they get aquarium plants instead. They can hide under the leaves but I can still see them. Win-win.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
When all I had was a single rosea, fasting really irritated me. Getting crickets can sometimes be tricky, and it was frustrating to have them die because the rose-hair decided to go on a hunger strike.

I have an A. geniculata and a L. parahybana now though, (plus a few others that might fast on occasion, but thoseother two will pick up the slack) so it shouldn't be as much of an issue. Still wish getting the crickets was a little easier though. But that isn't the spider's fault.
+1
I agree when I only had a few Ts G rosea refusing food, gave me a lot of dead or extra feeders. Til I got A brock & Lp :) Pokies also have big appetites for aboreals. P regalis is my bulkiest.

GG80

Arachnoknight
As said already, the water dish issue. My 1" L.p constantly fills his dish with sub and it has to be cleaned and refilled every day. That's not the main issue though, he decides to molt beside his dry dish every time so I can't refill it for risk of disturbing him during a molt and I get into a state of worry every time in case there isn't enough humidity.
He's actually just gone into molt position in the last 10 minutes and of course his dish is full of substrate and he's right beside it. Time to worry for an hour or so again :)

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
it's a bit annoying when you go to all the trouble creating a nice enclosure, packing the sub, putting in a nice cork hide and some nice plastic plants and a water dish, and then you put the T in and in less than a week, the water dish is buried, the plants are all moved around, subs kicked up all around and down and over and into the cork hide, and suddenly this nice home you created for your T is a wreck. oh well... it's their home, i guess they can decorate it however they want.

awiec

Arachnoprince
My P.muticus has buried 3 water caps along with 1 vial and incorporated them into the support structure of the tunnel system. I'm pretty sure it does the same thing with the bolus cause I never see one. I eventually gave up on water bowls and just drip some water down the burrow every so often. Though I see it out a few times a week so that makes up for it.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
My P.muticus has buried 3 water caps along with 1 vial and incorporated them into the support structure of the tunnel system.
I just transferred a juvenile muticus out of a 32 oz deli cup, and found 7 water bowls buried in the substrate. I kept putting in new ones when the old one disappeared.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
My P.muticus has buried 3 water caps along with 1 vial and incorporated them into the support structure of the tunnel system. I'm pretty sure it does the same thing with the bolus cause I never see one. I eventually gave up on water bowls and just drip some water down the burrow every so often. Though I see it out a few times a week so that makes up for it.
Bahahaha omg i just did that this morning... help buddy rehouse P. Muticus.. after we rehoused it to a little bigger enclosure (large fem) we started to dig up the sub to clean the webs and toss anything bad in the 6 month home...

he told me how he uses the deli packing methid and lets her crawl out in due time and there should be 5" bowl somewhere in the cage along with a few bottle caps... odd.. but ok.. we dug up so much web it looked like cotton candy on a stick, found the ~4" bowl, 17 bottle caps, 2 molts seemingly 400 bolus, lord knows how much poo, aprox 30 total roaches webbed into the walls (some half eaten most just legs/wings but dont count legs as a roach) sixteen 1oz water dishes and 2 pingpong balls, that where dragged into the burrow and webbesdup for what reason we dont know xD

shesh makes me rethink the phrase packrat/hoarder.. its now "gah s/hes such a muticus garbage everywhere"

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
I just transferred a juvenile muticus out of a 32 oz deli cup, and found 7 water bowls buried in the substrate. I kept putting in new ones when the old one disappeared.
It seems to prefer the newer method I've devised, within a few days of me putting the 3rd dish in there, it buried it. I suppose I could keep putting in more and see how much it can fit in a 16 oz deli cup.