Aspen adventures also my other reptiles [pic heavy]

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
*These photos are all hosted on tumblr. sorry to those who cannot view them!
Current collection: 1 boa constrictor, 3 corn snakes, 4 ball pythons, 1 kenyan sand boa, 1 brown house snake, 1 steppe runner lizard, 1 tokay gecko, 2 crested gecko, 3 leopard gecko, 1 bearded dragon, and then my tarantulas. Venezuelan suntiger, indian ornamental, rose hair, pink toe, green bottle blue, and orange baboon and 2 emperor scorpion babies. I've been keeping 1 ball python since I was six and one leopard gecko is 15 years old.

long story short, my boa struck at the hook and got a mouthful of aspen so I had to get tweezers and take it all out.
I gave her a stuffed animal to squeeze to death instead of my arm.

Then she got a roam about the apartment for putting up with me

My sand boa, Worm, is finally starting to grow.

Growth progression of my bitey greynoodle, Spectre. [ghost corn snake]

Aegis, new baby ball.

Volantis squishing his head

Artyom my western hognose being pissy as usual

Noveria, mack snow leopard gecko

Frostfall, mack snow leopard gecko

Mordecai, brown house snake

Kaylee, unhappy that I interrupted her digging. (albino corn snake)

Butter, snow corn

Wedgie and his granddaughter, Digit

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Fyi and For future reference...that small amount of aspen would not of cuased your boa any harm. Intestinal blockages from aspen are usually only observed in very small snakes and even then it is uncommon. The digestive enzymes in a snakes stomach are strong enough to dissolve fur and bone..it can also erode steel. You put your bci through much more stress restraining it than the minor annoyance a few wood chips would of caused until it moseyed over to its water bowl and took a drink... If they didn't dislodge by her drinking you could of fed her a rat and it would of moved them from her mouth to her stomach where they could have been digested.. Another course of action far better much faster and way less stressful on both of you than picking them out with tweezers would of been to flush her mouth with room temp water from a spray bottle..
Never put metal objects in a snakes mouth in order to hold it open for a"fangshot"..you can break there teeth and damage the sensitive tissue in the mouth leading to secondary infection that causes the snake to stop feeding and die or die from systemic infection.I would also speculate that whatever trust you gained with that animal was damaged by that encounter as she is incapable of understanding that you were trying to help her...there are many good publications for beginners on basic reptile first aid and treatment of minor injury's/malodys, I suggest you buy What's wrong with my snake by john Rossi,DVM.newspaper is a far better option for bedding...its easy to change, less drying , dust free, resists mold and mildew and there is no fear of your snake ingesting it.