Well I just messed up.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
Unfortunately I have to live out the 5 ts of my choosing right now. It all started with a little slip in grades at school. Right now I have 2 that are my keepers. My two are A. versicolor and my G. porteri.
My current list of haves are
0.0.1 P. metallica sling
0.0.1 A. genic
0.0.1 A. broc
0.0.1 N. chromatus
1.0.0 P. cambridgei
0.1.0 P. irminia
0.1.0 B. smithi
0.0.1 B. vagans.

I am not sure what to keep and what to get rid of. I believe I could have enough to get a P. ultramuranus. Other things I can get are Theraphosas or other things. What should I do? Which ones should I keep? Which ones should I get rid of?

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately I have to live out the 5 ts of my choosing right now. It all started with a little slip in grades at school. Right now I have 2 that are my keepers. My two are A. versicolor and my G. porteri.
0.0.1 P. metallica sling
0.0.1 A. genic
0.0.1 A. broc
0.0.1 N. chromatus
1.0.0 P. cambridgei
0.1.0 P. irminia
0.1.0 B. smithi
0.0.1 B. vagans.

I am not sure what to keep and what to get rid of. I believe I could have enough to get a P. ultramuranus. Other things I can get are Theraphosas or other things. What should I do? Which ones should I keep? Which ones should I get rid of?
are you saying your going to be selling the ones you listed?

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I will on at least some but i have to know what I should have
okay well since this isnt in the classifieds, im about to PM you.

---------- Post added 11-21-2014 at 08:51 PM ----------

BTW, think anyone in their right mind would keep the P. metallica. if it was me then i would also keep the P. irminia (just because i like their colors). also the B. smithi or B.vagans, because everyone needs a brachy in their collection.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
0.0.1 P. metallica sling
0.0.1 A. genic
0.0.1 A. broc
0.0.1 N. chromatus
1.0.0 P. cambridgei
0.1.0 P. irminia
0.1.0 B. smithi
0.0.1 B. vagans.

im confused your getting rid of them because of bad grades or because you want to use that money to buy more ts?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
0.0.1 P. metallica sling
0.0.1 A. genic
0.0.1 A. broc
0.0.1 N. chromatus
1.0.0 P. cambridgei
0.1.0 P. irminia
0.1.0 B. smithi
0.0.1 B. vagans.

Why??US Education system is in dark ages compared to Europe. Why do you not argue to keep your Ts?

Ashton

Arachnoknight
im confused your getting rid of them because of bad grades or because you want to use that money to buy more ts?
I can have 3 so why not just get the best of the best if you have to lose some common ones?

Ashton

Arachnoknight
Why??US Education system is in dark ages compared to Europe. Why do you not argue to keep your Ts?
That's the thing, i went to a top 50 high school last year and messed around for $10,000 so there is no arguing past 5

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I dropped out of high school, make dang good money for my area, have an excellent tarantula collection, and skimp by paycheck to paycheck. You only live once, and cant spend money when you die.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
Any other input? I like the ones I have but they are really mellow most of the time. I also just like the immense size of Theraphosas. I'm still very unsure.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
Yeah but I have already posted a Fs/T ad so almost all will be sold, especially the more expensive ones.

awiec

Arachnoprince
So cause you messed around in school you have to sell off your collection or because you are not getting anymore money to buy more Ts so you are selling your collection so you can get different ones? Regardless if you are going to be under probation from your parents/gaurdians/whatever then you should not get a Theraphosa as they require some extra attention to get their conditions right, I would keep lower maintenance stuff and out of your list I'd keep the P.metallica and N.chromatus. Those two, along with your other two keepers will give you a variety of habits and personalities to observe while you are getting your grades back up. Though if you are going for a pamph and can only have 3-5 T's then I would just go for nigricolor or sp Platyomma as they are much cheaper and that extra money you may/may not (shipping properly can get pricey) get from selling your collection will go to food for the rest of your T's.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sucks! Are you only allowed to keep a lot of Ts if you make good grades or something?

Ashton

Arachnoknight
That sucks! Are you only allowed to keep a lot of Ts if you make good grades or something?
I was not allowed any in the first place but neither parent minded if I had them. It wasn't a major slip in grades it was a small error my teacher made when grading and my dad overreacted. He is not fond of spiders in the first place so he wants moat arachnids gone but I can keep most other inverts like mantids and leaf/stick bugs. I only had to post a FS ad and show them. I am very glad no one has shown interest because it gives me tim3 to show them that the mistake was corrected so I can have my Ts.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I was not allowed any in the first place but neither parent minded if I had them. It wasn't a major slip in grades it was a small error my teacher made when grading and my dad overreacted. He is not fond of spiders in the first place so he wants moat arachnids gone but I can keep most other inverts like mantids and leaf/stick bugs. I only had to post a FS ad and show them. I am very glad no one has shown interest because it gives me tim3 to show them that the mistake was corrected so I can have my Ts.
Oh there was interest i think we all just wanted your unlisted ones ;p

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Yeah the ones not listed are not at my house and not in danger of being taken
Lol not gona lie.. almost msged about one ir two.. but the shipping this time of year is a pain and too risky to go for 3day xD. That made me talk myself out of it xD

VenomousMe

Arachnopeon
Any other input? I like the ones I have but they are really mellow most of the time. I also just like the immense size of Theraphosas. I'm still very unsure.

Well people are different, and have differing opinions, for instance I love OBT's, others act like they have leprosy. I have a theraphosa stirmi (WC) I got at a pet store for 125 dollars...I spray half his cage and have to use a heat mat for temp requirements on one side of the cage. I bought a thermostat for him too(friend of mine said get rid of the mat, I dont need it, I'm still uncertain with this genus) I only have 18 spiders though so its no problem to closely monitor him, all of them really. So, mat, thermostat, constant monitoring of humidity level for that one. He sits near one of his water dishes under a plant usually, has never once stepped into his hide, or tried to hide from me, for that matter. He eats about once a month at 5-6 " legspan. He rarely moves at all, if he does its just to the hotter or cooler side of the tank. I have reached in and touched him several times to get some response, and he just slowly moves forward a bit and half turns around to look at me. He has the most deliberate way about him...what I mean is he doesn't act like any of the other spiders I keep, even my huge female LP, who is skittish and defensive at all times. He honestly acts like he fears nothing. But he just sits there...I'm wondering if this is typical behavior? I've had him ...3-4 months? and he seems to be doing well...just sitting there. Oh sometimes he dips his mouth in the water, but that's about it. I'm still relatively new to the hobby but there seems to be something different about these stirmis....I mean in their behavior..or non behavior. I wonder if he's planning somethin..