Too cold?

aidenb

Arachnopeon
Is 71/72 too cold for 1/2" M. balfouri slings at night? Temp goes up to about 75-76 during the day.

cold blood

Staff member
Is 71/72 too cold for 1/2" M. balfouri slings at night? Temp goes up to about 75-76 during the day.
Those temps are just fine....I wish I could get my place that warm.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
It's good to have the daytime temps 5 or 10 degrees warmer than the nights, as that aids in digestion and increases metabolism, which translates to faster growth.

---------- Post added 11-22-2014 at 11:41 AM ----------

Those temps are just fine....I wish I could get my place that warm.

Why are you up there with the Eskimos and polar bears?

aidenb

Arachnopeon
Ok. Just wanted to make sure. These guys are still really expensive here

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I also wish i could have temps like this, its november and i already need to turn on the heat non stop for my T's!

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, Cold Blood, Why? ;)
Like MN, its a great fishing state with great diversity within our waters from spectacular bass fishing to the brown trout, steelhead and salmonid fishery of L. Michigan. The fishing here truly is spectacular on many levels! And you know CEC, that as miserable a winter can be, its certainly not all bad, and it really makes the summer all the more special.

Muskellunge live here, too...which is a nice bonus;)

Nuff said!:biggrin:

Attachments

Sana

Arachnoprince
Please tell me that you eat all of those... They look so tasty!

cold blood

Staff member
Please tell me that you eat all of those... They look so tasty!
Lol, nope, all gently released.:)

I have a friend that runs aquaculture, I get perch from him, otherwise I will fish for gills and crappie once or twice a year, those get eaten along with small Northern pike from lakes without size limits...or I buy my fish. Its almost never a good idea to eat large fish.

Watching a big fish swim away is a far greater reward than eating it could ever be.:)

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wonderful pics there - from a fellow fisherman. Did you take the pike (muskey..?) photo?

cold blood

Staff member
0817101836a_325869.jpg 0829111923a_292038.jpg
Wonderful pics there - from a fellow fisherman. Did you take the pike (muskey..?) photo?
Thank you:)

Its a musky, and no, its just a pic I found, all my musky pics are not on my phone or computer and I don't have a scanner to replicate them. For comparison, this is a pike.

You can see I am wearing a pike/musky identification t-shirt;)

I'll add a double of bass just cause I like the pic:)

Last edited:

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I agree, great outdoor sportsmen states. Those are some trophies. I like the catfish, you don't see those too often around here, did you noodle it? ;)

cold blood

Staff member
I agree, great outdoor sportsmen states. Those are some trophies. I like the catfish, you don't see those too often around here, did you noodle it? ;)
Actually caught it drifting for Chinook. 10.5' ultralight drift outfit. Caught in deep heavy current, took about an hour to land. Its a freakishly large channel cat (mid 30#), and most around here don't even know they're in Lake Michigan. It doesn't really show, but its gut was nearly as big around as a basketball.

Sorry for the sidetracking of the thread:(

Last edited: