Mystery Tennessee spider

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Definitely a myglamorph, probably a MM trap door spider. Doesn't appear to be an Ummdia sp.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Didn't really find that amusing.
Post clearer pictures.

As the moderators here have pointed out, a lot of the 'Sex My Spider' threads don't get any responses because the pictures are out of focus and have glare. If it's important to get an ID, meet us halfway so that we have a fighting chance of telling what the picture is of.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It may have sounded like he was being rude but he has a point. To identify things, we need good pictures to make out details. Can you get some clear shot of the abdomen?

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know you wasn't being rude, that's how he took it though. All we are saying though is we need some better pictures.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Try using a magnifying glass in front of the lens. If you have 4 or 5 steady hands you can actually use 2. The poor mans macro lens.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Remember: Having 40+ years of experience justifies being rude for no reason at all.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
It's most certainly a male myrmekiaphila.

The only reason I was able to ID him was because no other eastern mygalomorphs look like this.

Taking a clear picture is very vital for proper identification.. many of us really do get annoyed when all we have to work with is a blurry picture. Try taking photos in 'bursts', then select the clearest shot. If you're having trouble keeping your arms steady, rest them on something while you snap pics, it will allow you to take cleaner photos without shaking and making the shot blurry.

If using a phone, consider the application 'zoom camera' which enables the torch on your phone, and has a good auto focus that makes the pictures crisp.