Metallica sexing

goodyt

Arachnosquire
So he can take that and run with it?
...and I'm 100% sure that Poec54 is going to say that I am wrong. ;)

---------- Post added 11-23-2014 at 08:06 AM ----------

In fact, he follows me and comments on most of my comments.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
What I am seeing is that the slit doesn't seem to make it from book lung to book lung.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
...and I'm 100% sure that Poec54 is going to say that I am wrong.
With '50% male' you've hedged your bet; hard to be wrong. I'd need better pics to be able to tell. 90% of the 'Sex My Spider' are blurry and have glare.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dont think the picture is that good. But i am sure it is a female though.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would lean towards female myself, but would like better pics to confirm.
The picture is not so good, but there is enough signs that indicate female here. I would definately be surprised if "it" turns out male.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
The picture is not so good, but there is enough signs that indicate female here. I would definately be surprised if "it" turns out male.
Wouldnt be the first bad pic a few ppl 100% one sex and it molted out opposite ;) n

ot clear enough imo but im not the best at venting ^.^

Martin1975

Arachnoknight
Hello
This is your own picture used to show as reference to what I do to try and sex without a molt,looking at the book lung does the arrow extend past the arrow of the digit I also indicated in the picture ?

Attachments

Martin1975

Arachnoknight
The first digit I mentioned, is the one I encircled in red in the same pic posted below but edited. If a line is drawn from the start of the book lung until the end,and this line extends past the first digit usually that shows a larger gap between book lungs and shows female. I have tested this with my tarantulas,and so far not extending past the first digit usually male and further than the digit female. Not saying I am right,just a hypothesis I have used.

Attachments

KcFerry

Arachnosquire
Looks female to me. Atthat size, it may be easier to sex it dorsally. Can you provide a picture of her from above, looking down at her abdomen?

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks heaps for the feedback guys, I'm very encouraged to hear most people are leaning towards female, however I will post some clearer pics for you all before I proceed assuming it is female. I have a confirmed male one moult ahead of this one, so I'm hoping this one is female so I can make plans to breed them when they are ready

---------- Post added 11-24-2014 at 08:59 AM ----------

The first digit I mentioned, is the one I encircled in red in the same pic posted below but edited. If a line is drawn from the start of the book lung until the end,and this line extends past the first digit usually that shows a larger gap between book lungs and shows female. I have tested this with my tarantulas,and so far not extending past the first digit usually male and further than the digit female. Not saying I am right,just a hypothesis I have used.
Interesting method, but it seems the arrows are pointing to leg VIII so I'm not sure sorry, is it supposed to be there?

Martin1975

Arachnoknight
The arrows are virtual lines,direction just shows which way the book lungs line must extend past that first segment/digit. Extending past it female,not male.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Couldn't get any better than this unfortunately, bad lighting and bad camera, I've altered the contrast to make the furrow as prominent as possible

IMG_2973.JPG

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In P rufilata you can sex ventrally using the "dot method" that Poec taught me.

I'm pretty certain Poec said it applied to all members of the genus. And this T has a nice dot in between its anterior book lungs indicating it's a male.

Singapore Blues have the same dot as well, though with that species the genders are obviously sexually dimorphic