Deformed fangs? i need help please:(

Jacobospider5

Arachnopeon
So i tried feeding my little A geniculata a small meal worm today and he went for the attack, but he couldn't pierce the exoskeleton. I knew he was coming off a weird molt, so i picked him up and i saw that his fangs are either deformed or broken. How should i feed him cuz he obviously can take live prey and idk if he can chew dead things. Thanks guys

14pokies

Arachnoprince
pics would help. how long ago did it molt? it sounds like the first course of action would be to feed mushed crickets..we need pics tho to really be able to help.it could be that you didnt give the spider enough time to harden after his molt before he fed. not saying that caused the deformity however it could be adding to the problem.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
So i tried feeding my little A geniculata a small meal worm today and he went for the attack, but he couldn't pierce the exoskeleton. I knew he was coming off a weird molt, so i picked him up and i saw that his fangs are either deformed or broken. How should i feed him cuz he obviously can take live prey and idk if he can chew dead things. Thanks guys
if you fed him to early after he molted, then that could be one of the issues. how long ago was the molt. also if the molt was "bad" and caused the fangs to be deformed then just figure out a way to make it easier for it to eat, im sure someone with more experience could help you with that. if the deformed fangs was a cause of the molt, then just wait until the next molt, the fangs should start to fix themselves, may take a couple of molts though.

Jacobospider5

Arachnopeon
He molted a week and half ago and its to hard to get a good pic because he is small and very skittish, it was a miracle i was able to grab him this time. So as long as i feed him smash crickets, he shoould be ok?

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
He molted a week and half ago and its to hard to get a good pic because he is small and very skittish, it was a miracle i was able to grab him this time. So as long as i feed him smash crickets, he shoould be ok?
yeah he should be able to bite into smashed crickets. try to tong feed him the smashed crickets though. give it a couple more molts and your T's fangs should be okay.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
DId u feed it right after molting?? That is a big NO no, that is when dreaded evil Pedes eat Ts. I once believed pedes * & pepsis needed destroyed then realized, deforestation & housing kills way more Ts than any natural preditors.

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
its unfortunate you cant get pics..if he molted a week and half ago he should be hardened up by now..so its just one of those freak things that happen sometimes. the mushed crickets are really your only hope.. if the t is used to feeding from tongs then tong feed him if not just drop the mushed cricket onto the tips of his front legs.if hes not used to feeding off tongs it may make him refuse to feed and now isnt the time to try and teach him new tricks. good luck

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
DId u feed it right after molting?? That is a big NO no, that is when dreaded evil Pedes eat Ts. I once believed pedes * & pepsis needed destroyed then realized, deforestation & housing kills way more Ts than any natural preditors.
Jacobospider5 said in post #5 that it molted a week and a half ago, from the day he attempted to feed it the small mealworm.

Also, a centipede of appropriate size doesn't have to wait until a tarantula is freshly molted to eat it.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Jacobospider5 said in post #5 that it molted a week and a half ago, from the day he attempted to feed it the small mealworm.

Also, a centipede of appropriate size doesn't have to wait until a tarantula is freshly molted to eat it.
Yeah Guess I didnt notice post #5, I know pedes get huge and are very fast , venomous. Some get 9-"12 or so right? S gigantea and a few others. Myriapods sure are well armored though , scorpions are pretty impressive also.

Last edited:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
He molted a week and half ago and its to hard to get a good pic because he is small and very skittish, it was a miracle i was able to grab him this time.
It could just be your wording, but this right here is a bit concerning. You don't, of course, mean you were physically and forcibly picking up a teeny tiny sling directly after it molted right?