winter breeding

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
This year is My first year in a long long time breeding ;)
And now its winter time so its not posible to do shipments from ord in My country (denmark)
This is good and bad at the same time,i All ready have New slings / eggsac's and a good deal more sac's comming
Real soon and i wont be able to do shipments untill april/may :( thats not good that Means ill have 1-2000 or more
to feed for the next 5-6 month
Do Any off u have same problem

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Yep, I can relate but that does not sadden me as much as the males that mature in the beginning of winter and waste away for 5-6 months.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Yep, I can relate but that does not sadden me as much as the males that mature in the beginning of winter and waste away for 5-6 months.
I dont have problems with males going to waste  i have split My beredning programs up in seasons and must say My Best breeding season is in
winter time but I totaly forget how mutch work it Will be to raise so many slings over the next 5-6 months

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This year is My first year in a long long time breeding ;)
And now its winter time so its not posible to do shipments from ord in My country (denmark)
This is good and bad at the same time,i All ready have New slings / eggsac's and a good deal more sac's comming
Real soon and i wont be able to do shipments untill april/may :( thats not good that Means ill have 1-2000 or more
to feed for the next 5-6 month
Do Any off u have same problem
You can ship in the winter time also Kim, definately to other danish people and maybe in the countries close to us!
It is more work for you, and cost more from buyer of course...

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
In the US, the slow time for spider sales is in the summer. People are on vacation and traveling & most aren't buying spiders.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
In the US, the slow time for spider sales is in the summer. People are on vacation and traveling & most aren't buying spiders.
Yeah I went almost 2 years without buying Ts, I just started collecting again 1 month ago My room is too small. I like collecting year round so I can keep up with hobby more though. In USA often winter time sells the most Ts I bet. Death of my A vesi & T stirmi I quit buying Ts .OFc I didn't give the stirmi a cyst it had it before I got her ,old owners cage was full of mold. Shipping I think triggered the cyst actually. The previous owner quit the T hobby years Ago I think, or quit this forum

MY only T still small are G pulchripes they refuse to grow!!! They need higher temps I bet.

Last edited:

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
You can ship in the winter time also Kim, definately to other danish people and maybe in the countries close to us!
It is more work for you, and cost more from buyer of course...
Even with styrobox and heat packs sp like avic / iridopelma / and a few others i have Will die :/ but i u have a good tip for safe shipment plz tell

---------- Post added 11-25-2014 at 07:43 AM ----------

We sell Best in spring/summer/fall as long We can ship We can have a good sale ;)
But 1 good Thing is in april i have good and big stok list on the sp i breed; )

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Regardless of when you breed tarantulas, there's usually no telling when they'll lay egg sacs.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Regardless of when you breed tarantulas, there's usually no telling when they'll lay egg sacs.
I dont agree ;) it All depend Witch sp u breed ;)
Now i breed Xenesthis and pamphobeteus mostly and they this genus u can only get to drop good
sac's in serten seasons and not Any time a year
and no this dont depend on time off year u mate them,only if u have climat kontrole Witch i dont i use the naturel conditions i have here in DK to make My breeding program working and they allways drop
eggsac at this time off year ;) so yes i can tell Witch time a year My Ts drop there
eggsac's ;) or about what time off year.

Last edited: