Wolf spider ID

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
Finally got a picture of this beautiful girl. Wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what sp. or just genus would be cool. Collected in Cortland, NY.

Attachments

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Tigrosa sp, of which I have no idea. Note how the light medial stripe on the carapace remains thin, and narrows between the eyes.

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
Thanks alot man. I'll see what I can do trying to work it down to the sp. level myself, just needed a good starting point.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Tigrosa sp, of which I have no idea. Note how the light medial stripe on the carapace remains thin, and narrows between the eyes.
I'm really beginning to worry about how intimate your knowledge is. ;)

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Exactly what Snark is thinking lol. I think it is odd that you know very, VERY specific details about completely different animals lol. Not a bad odd though! :)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
That does help! the venter of lycosidae is the best way to ID. Dorsal patterns can sometimes be too variable for reliable identification. Many different genera can look frustratingly similar.

this is Tigrosa helluo. :)

edit: Haha, it's not just with animals and invertebrates, I absorb everything (except for numbers, which scare me).