Please help identifying an avic.

Spinosaur23

Arachnopeon
I liberated this avic from Petco a couple of days ago as my 3rd T. They had TWO tags on it, the main tag labeled avicularia avicularia and a sticker placed over the price labeled "Antilles Pink Toe" which is a common name for A. Versicolor, but this T looks an awful lot like an A. Metallica ( which is why I purchased him/her ). I am fully aware that A. Versicolor slings are bright blue( and this T is about an inch and a half/ two inches ). He has the white tipped hairs of A. Metallica and large pink toes plus a darker colored rump with no striped pattern, but is a royal blue like an A. Versicolor sling( I'm not sure if A. Versicolor ever has pink toes, though the common name says otherwise, I have seen few Versicolors with pink toes ). Just looking for some help, I should have pictures posted fairly soon ( working on trying to get some that aren't blurry ) hope the description is better than nothing, feel free to ask questions about the T that would further help identifying.
Thank you

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I liberated this avic from Petco a couple of days ago as my 3rd T. They had TWO tags on it, the main tag labeled avicularia avicularia and a sticker placed over the price labeled "Antilles Pink Toe" which is a common name for A. Versicolor, but this T looks an awful lot like an A. Metallica ( which is why I purchased him/her ). I am fully aware that A. Versicolor slings are bright blue( and this T is about an inch and a half/ two inches ). He has the white tipped hairs of A. Metallica and large pink toes plus a darker colored rump with no striped pattern, but is a royal blue like an A. Versicolor sling( I'm not sure if A. Versicolor ever has pink toes, though the common name says otherwise, I have seen few Versicolors with pink toes ). Just looking for some help, I should have pictures posted fairly soon ( working on trying to get some that aren't blurry ) hope the description is better than nothing, feel free to ask questions about the T that would further help identifying.
Thank you
pic will help.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Most of the Avics in pet stores are wild caught Avic avic, with an occasional metallica.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
yeah what poec said. if you went to a pet store like petco or pet authority or pet smart. the onlt T you will ever find there is a G. rosea with an occasional A. avicularia. the top pic you posted kind on reminded me of a A. versicolor, but I cant give you a 100% answer based off of the photos that you posted. try to get a better angle and clearer picture as well. the ones you posted are pretty blurry.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
It is not a versicolor. Poec54 is right the Petco near me stock Avic. avic.(labeled as "Pink Toe") and Avic. sp. metallica(labeled as "Large Pink Toe"), I believe you have a sp. metallica but I need a clearer pic to confirm.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Im sorry to say if u buy a T with the label pink toe u buy <edit> :( All u know from this label
Is U got a spider and its from the genus Avicularia; )
So what u have there i a Avicularia sp for sure but thats it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
It looks more like sp. metallica than Avic. avic.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
It looks more like sp. metallica than Avic. avic.
+1. Looks like metallica with the white tipped hairs on the legs and the white hairs in the front and sides of the abdomen. Also has that bluish metallica base color.

How big is it?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Looks avic avic above but metallica in the other pics. I vote metallica too. I also just got an avic sp sold as avic avic from petsmart (picking up supplies for black friday sale) and I actually think it's a metallica. Oh well. I felt bad for it and it was 13 bucks.