Do Pamphobeteus sp Platyomma? Overeat?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Does this species overeat like lasiodora endlessly? I cut off my sub adults 6"+ from food they never refuse food.

cold blood

Staff member
Pamphs are one of the only genus I would actually worry about eating till they pop. I eventually stop feeding and wait for mine to molt once it gets real plump. Their feeding response is simply ridiculous....I freakin' love em.

My ld is in pre-molt now and hasn't wanted anything to do with food for a few days...never had that happen with the nigricolor yet.

Acanthoscurria may be another.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I have a pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo and I've noticed the s/he will eat constantly. Someone told me that pamphos will eat all the time even up until they molt. I'm not sure that is quite true, as mine seems to be in pre-molt at the moment and hasn't eaten in the last three weeks. Finally not having the darn creature try to eat everything that moves has been a welcome relief. I have heard that you can't over feed a T and so far my Santo Domingo eaten itself to death so I just go with it.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I currently have 2 pamphobeteus sp and they are completely different when it comes to feeding my sp machalla behaves pretty much like a brachypelma it eats till its no longer hungry and then refuses food. My sp mascara on the other hand will eat and eat until it looks like it's going to pop, so far it eats up to 2 days before it moults if it wasn't for the colour change i would never know it was moulting it doesn't even lay a moult mat

awiec

Arachnoprince
My sp. Platyomma will eat until it's huge and then takes a small "break" and then will eat a meal right before it molts. They never stop eating and molt as soon as they are full to eat more.

cold blood

Staff member
My sp. Platyomma will eat until it's huge and then takes a small "break" and then will eat a meal right before it molts. They never stop eating and molt as soon as they are full to eat more.
Haha, yeah, aren't they great :wink:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
What are you, some kind of wanna-be Biggest Loser coach?
Gotta make sure T stays on a diet, don't want it exploding:biggrin: Roaches are big meal, crickets are better for weight watching.