A very lucky read.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I was having a quick look through a few new posts and came across SpiritScale's thread about his missing H.incei. It set my mind whirring. I hadn't seen the tiniest of my 2 K. brunnipes, Elf, for a couple of days and had just presumed it was hiding but that thread made me wonder if maybe it had escaped through the air holes. I removed all the tubs from the ExoTerra viv I keep the slings in, checking each for signs of little Elf. Using a torch I searched the Exo for the little mite and there it was just sitting near the front. Gently putting a small catch cup over it, I slid a sheet of paper under, leaving it like that while I put some minute holes in another tub and transferred the substrate from its old tub. Elf is now safely in its new home, hopefully escape proof. I'm so glad I read that thread otherwise I may never have found it.

archaeosite

Arachnosquire
Can you post comparison photos of your original and new containers? Maybe with a ruler to the air holes?

Lucky you found the little one.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Can you post comparison photos of your original and new containers? Maybe with a ruler to the air holes?

Lucky you found the little one.

There was one hole in the new container that was a trifle big so I've sealed it up.

The old container

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Little Elf is out and about today

So is the other one, Pixie

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Those air holes are huge my friend..looks like it dont even need to try to get out just walk on out... surprized the other aint gotten out... at this size id use a sewing needle, cloths pin, or thumb tack for holes. I personally heat up the needle or cloths pin for clean burns..

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Those air holes are huge my friend..looks like it dont even need to try to get out just walk on out... surprized the other aint gotten out... at this size id use a sewing needle, cloths pin, or thumb tack for holes. I personally heat up the needle or cloths pin for clean burns..

I did use a heated sewing needle for Elf's new container.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I see that.. personally id take scitch tape seal the holes on pixies and reburn them thise arnt air holes there escape routes xc