This should give you a good laugh. :D

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
"This spider is not deadly, but it still looks intimidating."
Well, that's it everyone, see ya, I'm steering clear of any spiders for the rest of my life.

---------- Post added 11-25-2014 at 03:10 PM ----------

There is a comment on the article by a user called "namora," which really sets the record straight on these spiders:sarcasm:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Holy crap that's awful lol. At least they got a couple identifications correct.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I like the spider that descended from the reptiles. Archaeidasaurus?

Interestingly, apparently with extreme malice aforethought, that thing is right about Nephila often building webs 'at eye level'. Far too heavy to perform advanced aerial acrobatics they often have to resort to walking in the ground to find the correct bit of a plant to connect the web anchor lines to, leaving their webs closer to the ground that most other orb weavers.

Last edited:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
You know when something begins with "Spiders are one of the most feared species in the world" you're in for a wild ride of stupidity and misinformation. And this list doesn't disappoint on either count.

Last edited:

The Snark

Old Timer
:tongue:
You know when a something begins with "Spiders are one of the most feared species in the world" you're in for a wild ride of stupidity and misinformation. And this list doesn't disappoint on either count.
Oh Belle! So cynical! Go back and reread it, but imagine Bill Maher is narrating the captions. ;P

I'm really serious about Bill Maher imagined narrating a presentation like that. Those long blank stares at the screen and sarcasm so thick it is oozing from the monitor and getting your floor sticky.

Last edited:

Twentytwenty

Arachnosquire
What an interesting looking Bird Eater...
And I never knew that reptiles turned into spiders...

It stopped being hilarious and became kind of sad once they started putting jumpers on the list.

The Snark

Old Timer
It would be much more interesting if they gave the real satanic evil malevolent spiders and what they do. Portia would probably be at the top of the list.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never knew wolf spiders were so dangerous til I saw this list. :p Or that assassin bugs were spiders. Who knew?

Last edited:

The Snark

Old Timer
I never knew wolf spiders were so dangerous ...
While not lethal, they can cause acute agony.
Damned kitten chasing one paused on the top step of the staircase directly under my foot. Didn't squash the cat or the spider and my ignonymous slide down 7 steps on my behind actually rescued the spider, but I am quite willing to blame the arachnid rather than accept my grace of an ox could even remotely have caused those following days of extreme discomfort whenever I sat down. IE lycosids can be a huge pain in the arse and I lay full blame on the Wolfy with it's zero traction tires and clutzomatic transmission. Any self respecting Huntsman would have been 7 feet up the wall the moment the cat came into view.

Last edited: