Today is my 1st anniversary of being a tarantula owner.

GG80

Arachnoknight
This day last year I got my 1st T and began my journey into the wonderfull world of tarantulas. I would just like to give a big thank you to all the forum members who have given me great advice over the last year. Here's to many more years with these amazing creatures.

MrDave

Arachnosquire
Congrats!

I'm only 3 months into this hobby. Like you I've found the people who contribute to this forum, and those who ask questions here, to be incredibly helpful. I'm amazed at how much time people are willing to contribute to helping strangers here.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
This day last year I got my 1st T and began my journey into the wonderfull world of tarantulas. I would just like to give a big thank you to all the forum members who have given me great advice over the last year. Here's to many more years with these amazing creatures.
Congrats , got any favorite Ts so far? It is like impossible to pick favorites though, when you get too many.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations you know you gotta treat yourself to a new t for your anniversary lol

sezra

Arachnosquire
haha, any excuse :p

it really is addictive though. I wish I had more space cos its my 3 year and 47th week anniversary. I should celebrate somehow ;)

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Congrats, GG80, and wishes for many more years in the hobby. :)

It'll be 3 years for me in February, and I'm up to 27 T's already. My favourite so far is my G. pulchra, just ahead of my B. Emilia.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I have been owning my first T now for precisely one year and one week, I have two T's at the moment. Both of them Psalmopoeus sp. I realy can't wait to have more! Luckely it won't be long till I have a room full of Ts. :laugh:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
it really is addictive though. I wish I had more space
Are you using a floor-standing shelf unit and stacking cages? Check out the pics in the thread 'Stan's Visit' to see how do it.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Are you using a floor-standing shelf unit and stacking cages? Check out the pics in the thread 'Stan's Visit' to see how do it.
I use steel floor-standing shelving right now, are plastic shelves better for small rooms?

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I use steel shelving right now are plastic shelves better for small rooms?
My spider room's 200 sq feet, not as big as I'd like. Plastic shelves look better; metal ones have that warehouse feel to them. Personal preference.