what kind of cross bred photo shopping is this?

QSCrow

Arachnopeon
That looks a lot like one of my mystery avics. I bought two that were just labeled "pink toe tarantula". They both look really weird. One of them looks a lot like the one in this pic, the other one is almost completely jet black other than the toes.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Pictures can be misleading, especially when it comes to Avics. You can Not use color as a basis for identification in a picture of a specimen in the Avic Avic complex. Considering lighting, camera settings, size of the specimen, and where the specimen is in it's molt cycle can all change the color of the specimen in a picture. That may just be a pure Avic. avic., or a hybrid, or a different species but we will never know until an educated Avic keeper compares it in person. Unfortunately, taxonomists won't touch Avics or at least until Fukushima's revision is complete. My point is, we can not jump to conclusions using only pictures(and only one, at that).

Last edited:

Sana

Arachnoprince
Mine actually looks a lot like that in the correct light. It takes a lot of work to make her blue pop quite like that though.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Probably because there are many, many different avic species and this one is simply a different species than yours.
+1
'Pinktoe' tarantula refers to the genus 'Avicularia', there are tons of different 'pinktoe' species though. Look up A. versicolor for example, it is still called a 'pinktoe' too.

My A. avicularia large juvenile looks just like this.....under the right lights, without it, it looks blackish.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
+1
'Pinktoe' tarantula refers to the genus 'Avicularia', there are tons of different 'pinktoe' species though. Look up A. versicolor for example, it is still called a 'pinktoe' too.

My A. avicularia large juvenile looks just like this.....under the right lights, without it, it looks blackish.
I'm assuming they meant Avic. avic. when they said "Pink Toe" after reading their other post. So in that case, that Avic in the linked picture is not necessarily a different species. As you agree with.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Its for sure not a A.avicularia; )
As Regall say i to think its a geroldi
I must say pop names as pink toe just sucks big time :( if u buy a a pink toe u dont know what u get
And it can be Any thing,this is just fine if u just keep Ts but if u tend to breed Its use less :(
I Will never buy a T from a dealer using pop names thats just to noob for me :(

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
Just to point out the obvious, the blue in the linked photo is either from a weirdly color balanced light or some Photoshop shenanigans. If you look at the other pictures of it the color is much more subdued. it wouldn't look that shade in real life.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well for one thing I can guarantee you that the creator saturated it in blue. Look at the hard water droplets on the tank. Those should be white, not blue. It's really easy to do and I do it sometimes to make my landscape photos pop more. Either way, that tarantula is still so blue that even if it were desaturated it would probably still be a blue spider, so I am also leaning towards Geroldi for this one.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It looks like it's under a blacklight to me. I don't think any Aviculariae look like this.

Either way, it's a cool picture!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pictures can be misleading, especially when it comes to Avics. You can Not use color as a basis for identification in a picture of a specimen in the Avic Avic complex. Considering lighting, camera settings, size of the specimen, and where the specimen is in it's molt cycle can all change the color of the specimen in a picture. That may just be a pure Avic. avic., or a hybrid, or a different species but we will never know until an educated Avic keeper compares it in person. Unfortunately, taxonomists won't touch Avics or at least until Fukushima's revision is complete. My point is, we can not jump to conclusions using only pictures(and only one, at that).
I bet it's not minatrix, but maybe we need more pics and send them to the FBI cyber forensics division to be sure hahaha- just messin!

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It appears to be A.avicularia, you can get that lighting out of them with the right setup, sometimes I'm surprised by the colours I see in my Ts in certain lighting that I'd never noticed before. Just the other day I shone a light on my P.ornata and saw purple highlights on the carapace